In the need of a Valentine’s gift for someone? Tina’s Fine Lingerie, located on Main Street provides options to fit the occasion. The store includes a wide variety of lingerie, with everything from bras and panties to hosiery and even bustiers. They also offer costumes, novelties, dresses, gowns and an impressive swimwear collection.

According to Tina Lun, the store’s owner, Tina’s Fine Lingerie offers the largest collection of fine and sexy lingerie and the best Venus Swimwear in Connecticut.

Lun said that Valentine’s Day and Christmas are the two busiest times for the store. While the vast majority of customers during the year are women, men make up about half of the clientele around Christmas and 75 percent of the clientele around Valentine’s Day.

“Right now a lot of people request the heart bustier,” said employee Amanda Matthews, referring to the bustier displayed in the Main Street window. “Basically, anything red sells really well around this time. A lot of people are looking for baby dolls and corsets. Around Valentine’s Day is also when people buy the more naughty gifts.”

“Naughty gifts” include a variety of sex toys, lubricants, videos, games and body jewelry. Whips are hot items right now, although surprisingly not the furry love cuffs, Matthews said.

Tina’s has had good relations with Wesleyan students since it opened, and has employed students in the past. Last year Lun said she would have accepted points at her store had the Wesleyan points system used in Middletown restaurants and businesses been willing to include her store. Business from students is never very big, she said; most customers are over 20, according to Lun. Wesleyan students, however, do make up a niche group of customers.

According to Janene Podesta ’05, the store’s merchandise offers real potential for student business.

“Tina is really busy right now,” Matthews said. “This is always a busy time for us…She just has a lot to do.”

“During Halloween, we get a lot of Wesleyan students in here,” Lun said. “With costumes they usually don’t buy the whole outfit, but we sell a lot of fishnet stockings.”

In addition, Lun does much of her own photography for the store’s website, Tinasfinelingerie.com. It features an online catalogue with shipping all across the US along with information on how to host your own lingerie “home party.”

Tina’s Fine Lingerie is normally open Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. until 6 p.m., Saturdays 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., and is closed on Sundays. They will have extended hours this week, staying open until 8 p.m. until Valentine’s Day.