Amherst women’s ice hockey defender Randi Zukas was named NESCAC Player of the Week after tallying six points, including five assists, to lead the Lord Jeffs to a sweep at Williams. Zukas had a goal and an assist in a 6-3 win on Friday and added four assists on Saturday in an 8-0 victory. Zukas is Amherst’s second-leading scorer with five goals and 18 assists for 23 points.

Bates women’s basketball center Jessie Igoe was named NESCAC Player of the Week after netting a career-high 22 points in a 71-57 win over Tufts on Saturday that allowed the Bobcats to clinch a first-round home game. Igoe added 11 rebounds, two blocks, and two steals and went 10-for-11 from the free-throw line. The win was Bates’ first over a nationally ranked opponent since Jan. 2006.

Bowdoin men’s ice hockey defenseman Brendan Reich was named NESCAC Player of the Week after a three-goal, one-assist weekend. Reich scored a pair of power-play goals in a 4-2 win at Trinity on Friday and added an assist and empty-netter in a 5-2 win at Wesleyan the next day. The wins allowed Bowdoin to move into sole possession of first place in the conference standings with two games remaining in the regular season.

Colby men’s basketball forward Adam Choice was named the Maine Men’s Basketball Coaches and Writers Association Player of the Week after averaging 24.3 points and 8.3 rebounds in a 2-1 week. He poured in 31 points on 11-of-18 shooting and added nine rebounds in a 61-45 win over Wesleyan on Saturday after scoring 15 the previous night against Conn. College. Against Wesleyan, Choice, who was named Maine State Player of the Year the last two years, moved into eighth place on the Colby all-time scoring list with 1,518 career points.

Conn. College junior women’s ice hockey forward Kelsey Kirker netted a pair of short-handed goals in a 5-4 win over Hamilton on Friday. The Camels fell to the Continentals 1-0 the next day but still clinched a spot in the NESCAC tournament. Senior goaltender Sara Christopher made 50 stops during the weekend split and needs 48 more to move into third place on the program’s all-time save list.

Hamilton had three freshman athletes receive Liberty League weekly honors. Women’s basketball guard Madie Harlem was named Rookie of the Week for the fourth time after averaging 14.3 points, 6.7 rebounds, and three steals in a 2-1 week for the Continentals. In addition, jumper Garham Sadler was named Men’s Track and Field Rookie of the Week, and sprinter Muriel Schwinn received Women’s Track and Field Rookie of the Week honors. Sadler qualified for the New York State Collegiate Track Conference championships with a high jump of 6-2 in the Liberty League championships, while Schwinn took first in the 55-meter dash and fourth in the 200-meter dash as well as second in the long jump.

Middlebury skiers Garrott Kuzzy ’06 and Simeon Hamilton ’09 are representing the U.S. at the Winter Olympics in Vancouver. Hamilton was the only American to qualify for the quarterfinal round in the Individual Sprint Classic race on Wednesday, and the pair was one of just four Americans (out of 96 total qualifiers) competing in the 15k freestyle race on Monday. Kuzzy finished 58th overall, while Hamilton placed 64th.

Trinity announced the hiring of Michael Renwick, the Senior Associate Director of Athletics for Internal Operations and Compliance at Johns Hopkins University, as athletic director on Thursday. Renwick, just the third athletic director at Trinity in the past 75 years, will succeed Richard Hazelton, who announced his retirement in September. Renwick has served in his current position at Johns Hopkins since 2006 and has been an administrator in the Hopkins athletic department for the past nine years.

Tufts distance runner Billy Hale broke the five-year old program record in the 1000-meter run at the Valentine Invitational at Boston University on Saturday. Hale, a senior quad-captain, clocked in 2:28.70 for the Jumbos’ top performance on the afternoon, breaking the previous mark of 2:28.93. Hale placed 17th out of 83 entrants in the event.

Williams men’s basketball held on to the second spot in the D3Hoops.com Division III poll after improving to 23-1 overall with a pair of weekend wins. Only Washington University in St. Louis (20-2) is ranked higher than the Ephs. Williams received 12 of 25 first-place votes for 603 points, six behind Washington U. (13 first-place votes). The Ephs are one of two NESCAC teams ranked in the top 25 nationally. Middlebury is currently ranked sixth.