The Cardinal men’s basketball team recorded its second win over Salve Regina University this season with an 82-59 win over the Seahawks Monday night. The Cardinals never trailed, scoring the opening seven points of the game and leading by as many as 12 in the first half before settling for a 41-34 halftime lead. The Cardinals never led by fewer than six points in the second half, and the final margin of 23 was the largest of the game. Wesleyan had previously defeated Salve Regina 88-71 in the consolation game of the Naismith Tournament at Springfield College on Jan. 3.

Five Cardinals reached double figures, led by Jeremy Kaminer ’10 and Mike Callaghan ’13 with a team-high 17 points each. Callaghan added a team-high 13 rebounds for his second career double-double. Denzel Allen ’13 put an exclamation mark on the win, entering with 42 seconds left and scoring the last four points of the game, including two on a fast-break layup following a steal.

The team will be back in action Friday night against Tufts looking for its first NESCAC win between the teams. Wesleyan’s last two games have been decided by a combined three points, with the Jumbos taking a 79-78 decision in Middletown in 2008-09 and Wesleyan winning by two in Medford the year before. Tip-off is scheduled for 8 p.m.