Amherst had a pair of athletes receive NESCAC honors. Sophomore guard/forward David Waller was named Men’s Basketball Player of the Week after averaging 17.5 points, 9.5 rebounds, 4.0 assists, and 1.0 blocks per game during a 2-0 week. Waller had a career-high 20 points in an 87-69 win at Curry on Thursday and added 15 points and a career-best 10 rebounds against Trinity on Saturday. In addition, junior Courtney Hanlon was named Women’s Ice Hockey Player of the Week after netting four goals and an assist during a 2-0-1 week. Hanlon leads the Lord Jeffs in scoring with 14 points (10 goals, four assists).

Bates junior men’s basketball forward Brian Ellis averaged a team-high 17.0 points and 6.3 rebounds per game for the Bobcats during a 1-2 week. Ellis netted 11 points during the second half of a pair of weekend overtime setbacks to rivals Bowdoin and Colby. Ellis added a team-high 14 points and nine rebounds in a 77-64 win over the University of Maine-Farmington on Tuesday.

Bowdoin women’s ice hockey defeated Plymouth State University 15-0 on Tuesday, improving to 4-1-0 in its last five games. The Polar Bears have outscored their opponents 28-1 in the four wins and now sit at 9-7-2 on the year. Bowdoin held a 49-4 shot advantage against Plymouth State and led 5-0 after 20 minutes and 13-0 after 40 minutes. Ten different players scored for Bowdoin, led by a hat trick by freshman Kayte Holtz and a four-assist night from junior Jill Campbell.

Colby men’s ice hockey ran its unbeaten streak to 13 games with a pair of wins over Conn. College, 4-3, and Tufts, 5-3. Since dropping their opening two games at Babson and UMass Boston, the Mules have gone on a 10-0-3 tear that includes a 1-1 tie with undefeated (14-0-3) Norwich, the only conference game Norwich has not won this season. Against Conn. College, the Mules rallied from a 2-0 first-intermission deficit and got the game-winner with 1:25 left in the game.

Conn. College received the Diversity in Athletics Award in the category of Gender Equity (Title IX Proportionality) for the 2008-09 academic year at the 2010 NCAA Convention in Atlanta. The College was one of seven Division III schools honored in the Gender Equity category. In addition to Gender Equity, the NCAA recognized Division III institutions for promoting diversity in the categories of Gender Diversity, Racial Diversity, Value and Attitudinal Diversity, and Diversity Strategy.

Hamilton men’s ice hockey will retire the jersey of all-time leading scorer Mike Marta ’84, as well as honor six All-Americans, during the upcoming alumni weekend. Marta’s jersey retirement ceremony will take place prior to tonight’s game against the University of Southern Maine, while the six All-Americans—Joe Baudo ’97, Guy Hebert ’89, Gus Katsuras ’06, Harry McCabe ’89, C. Michael Thomas ’71, and Kurt Ziemendorf ’77—will be honored prior to Saturday’s game against the University of New England.

Middlebury women’s ice hockey head coach Bill Mandigo won his 400th career game on Saturday as the Panthers defeated Williams 6-2. Mandigo’s career record now stands at 400-102-21, giving him the most wins of any coach in the history of collegiate women’s ice hockey. The Panthers defeated Holy Cross on Tuesday, giving Mandigo career win 401. Mandigo, a 1983 Wesleyan graduate and three-time AHCA National Coach of the Year, is in his 22nd season as the Panthers’ head coach and has led Middlebury to five national championships, four NESCAC titles, and six ECAC crowns.

Trinity officially dedicated the Oosting Gymnasium court to longtime men’s basketball head coach Stanley Ogrodnik on Saturday. Ogrodnik, who retired prior to the 2008-09 season, compiled a 469-186 record in 27 seasons in Hartford. During his final season, the Bantams defeated Bowdoin to win their first NESCAC tournament and advance to the NCAA tournament for the seventh time under Ogrodnik. He took the Bantams to the NCAA semifinals in 1994-95 and to the national quarterfinals in 1998-99. The dedication was held prior to the men’s basketball game against Amherst, which Trinity lost 67-65.

Tufts senior women’s basketball forward Julia Baily was named NESCAC Player of the Week after averaging 18.0 points and 9.0 rebounds per game during a 2-0 weekend for the Jumbos. Baily had a game-high 20 points and nine rebounds as Tufts defeated Colby 72-57 on Friday night and added a game-high 16 points in a 52-40 victory against Bowdoin on Saturday. Baily added 14 points and a game-high three blocks on Tuesday as the Jumbos defeated Emerson 59-49 to improve to 16-2 on the season.

Williams men’s basketball, ranked fourth nationally in the latest D3Hoops.com poll, improved to 18-1 with a 96-61 demolition of Hamilton on the road Tuesday night. The Ephs shot 61.3 percent for the game and were a perfect 9-for-9 from the line. Four players reached double figures in scoring for the Ephs, including senior guard Alex Rubin, who netted a game-high 22. Williams also held a 40-20 edge over Hamilton on the boards.