Amherst Men’s ice hockey improved to 4-2-0 on the season with a semester-ending 4-1 win at St. Michael’s. The Lord Jeffs scored three power-play goals in the first period and added their final tally with 3:20 remaining in the game. The win came on the heels of a 5-0 beating at undefeated Norwich in which the Lord Jeffs were outshot 32-23. Amherst has already lost as many games in conference play (two) this year as they did during the entire 2008-09 season.

Bates Men’s basketball improved to 5-2 with a pair of victories in the Paul Bunyan Tournament at Husson. Following a 98-63 demolition over Maine-Machias, the Bobcats took down host Husson 75-63 in the finals. Since dropping their opener to Thomas College by four points, the Bobcats are 5-1, and the five wins have come by an average of 14 points.

Bowdoin Women’s basketball forward Leah Rubega was named NESCAC Player of the Week after recording a pair of double-doubles in victories over Southern Maine and Colby. Rubega had 12 points and 13 rebounds as Bowdoin, ranked fifth nationally in the latest D3Hoops.com poll, won at Southern Maine for the first time since the 2003-04 season. The Polar Bears improved to 6-0 on the season with a 79-58 home win over Husson on Tuesday.

Colby Men’s ice hockey ran its winning streak to four games with a pair of victories over Castleton St. (5-0) and Skidmore (3-2) over the weekend. Against Castleton, junior goaltender Cody McKinney made 27 saves to earn his second career shutout, and all five Colby goals came on the man advantage. On Saturday, McKinney stopped 23 shots in the final two periods as the Mules rallied for a 2-0 deficit to defeat Skidmore.

Conn. College Men’s basketball won two straight games following a pair of overtime losses by a combined four points. The Camels recorded a 14-point win at Wheaton on Tuesday to improve to 3-4 on the season. Junior guard Dean Lampe, who tallied a game-high 27 points and 10 rebounds for his first career double-double in an eight-point win over John Jay on Saturday, added 13 points and five boards against Wheaton.

Hamilton Men’s swimming and diving took first at the Cardinal Invitational hosted by Wesleyan over the weekend, racking up 1201 points to edge the host Cardinals (1185). The Continentals recorded three first-place finishes in the meet, led by junior Jake DeConinck, who took first in the 100 and 200 free. Junior Bowie Sievers took first in the 1650 free and finished second in the 200 individual medley and 100 fly. The Hamilton women also had a strong performance, taking second in the meet.

Trinity Women’s ice hockey goaltender Isabel Iwachiw made 73 saves over the weekend against defending national champion Amherst. Iwachiw had 40 stops on Friday night as the Bantams and Lord Jeffs played to a scoreless draw, then added 33 more on Saturday in a 3-2 Trinity setback. Iwachiw has backstopped two of Trinity’s three shutouts this season, making a combined 52 saves in those games.

Tufts Sophomore men’s ice hockey goaltender Scott Barchard was named NESCAC Player of the Week after backstopping the Jumbos to wins over New England College and St. Anselm. Barchard stopped 115 of 119 shots he faced, including a school-record 63 (on 66 shots) against St. Anselm on Saturday. He also stopped 52 of 53 shots against NEC. Barchard has made 45 or more saves in three of Tufts’ four victories during its current four-game winning streak as the Jumbos sit at 2-1-1 in conference play and 4-2-1 overall.

Williams Senior guard Blake Schultz was named NESCAC Player of the Week after becoming the 27th player in school history to reach the 1,000-point plateau. Schultz poured in a career-high 34 in a 111-74 victory over Vassar Saturday and added a game-high 18 as the 20th-ranked Ephs defeated Framingham St. 88-50 on Tuesday. For the season, Schultz is averaging 23.0 points per game on 53.8 percent shooting for the undefeated Ephs.