Shuttle buses to Union Station in New Haven and to Bradley International Airport will be offered for October break courtesy of Transportation Services and the Wesleyan Student Assembly (WSA).

After the WSA received requests from students who wanted to get to Bradley International Airport for October break, they decided to organize the service.

“This [October break shuttle service] is brand new,” said Finance and Facilities Chair Ben Firke ’12. “We thought this was a good option for students.”

The shuttles will leave campus from the Usdan University Center. The cost of transportation to New Haven will be $9.00 each way and the cost of transportation to Bradley International Airport will be $25.00 each way.

Students can make reservations by emailing the Usdan Box Office at boxoffice@wesleyan.edu, calling (860) 685-3355 or stopping by the Box Office between Tuesday and Saturday from 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

This year the WSA will work on additional ways to improve transportation options for students.

“We will look into more shuttles and buses to major transportation hubs and cities,” wrote WSA President Mike Pernick in a campus-wide email. “We will find innovative ways to use and improve the Ride. And we will also find creative and out-of-the-box solutions to address the difficulties imposed upon Wesleyan students looking to leave
Middletown.”