The men’s tennis team improved to 7-0 all-time against Hamilton with a dominant 8-1 home victory on Saturday afternoon. The team is now 11-7 on the season and is assured of its first winning campaign since 2006. The Cardinals also improved to 2-3 in the NESCAC standings with the victory.

Wesleyan held a 3-0 lead at the conclusion of doubles play, with the No. 2 pair of Graham Immerman ’09 and Michael Piderit ’12 cruising to an 8-2 win; Paul Gerdes ’09 and Alejandro Alvarado ’09 did the same at No. 3. The top-seeded duo of Jaafar Rizvi ’09 and Matt O’Connell ’09 also pulled out a 9-8 win as the Cardinals swept the doubles matches for the third time in the past four matches.

The Cardinals took five of the six six singles matches in straight sets, though there were a number of close matches. O’Connell (No. 1) won his match 6-3, 7-5, and Piderit (No. 5) and Alvarado (No. 6) both won close 6-4, 6-4 affairs. No. 2 Immerman cruised to a 6-1 win in the first set and won the second 7-5, and No. 3 Gerdes cruised to a 6-1, 6-2 victory. Rizvi had the lone singles loss, falling 6-4, 7-6 at No. 4.

Wesleyan returns to action with a home Thursday match against Connecticut College, which has lost eight straight matches to the Cardinals. Wesleyan then travels to Bates to end its regular season. Wins in both matches would tie the program mark for wins, set during the 13-7 2001-02 campaign.