12 Consecutive wins over Amherst by the men’s lacrosse team.

8-2 Record of the women’s crew team heading into the Little Three regatta.

3-5 Record of the team at the same time last year.

2 Wins by Drew Dominguez ’09 in the baseball team’s Sunday doubleheader sweep of Hamilton.

1st Place of both the baseball and softball teams in the NESCAC West entering the weekend.

Did You Know…?

Some brief notes from a great weekend in Wesleyan athletics:

After taking two out of three from Williams this weekend, the Cardinal softball team now stands 5-2 against the Ephs the past two seasons. Wesleyan’s record against Williams for the previous 21 years of varsity play, dating back to the team’s inception in 1987, was 2-44.

Meaghan Dendy ’10 recorded both wins against the Ephs over the weekend, bringing her team-leading total to seven. She also reached base in each of the team’s first 25 games this season, having hit safely in 23, and opened the season with a 20-game hitting streak. The streak came to an end in the second game of Thursday’s doubleheader against Eastern Connecticut as the Cardinals were two-hit by the Warriors.

Wesleyan women’s lax bade farewell to its 18-game losing streak against Amherst in a big way on Saturday, taking down its Little Three rival by a 12-5 score. The seven-goal margin of victory marked the largest by Wesleyan since 1979, when the Cards won at Amherst 12-3, and the seventh-largest overall by either team in the 37-game series.