Nine Wesleyan winter athletes earned postseason honors, including five who received all-NESCAC recognition. Ali Fourney ’09, the all-time leading scorer in Wesleyan women’s basketball history with 1,498 career points, led the way with first-team all-NESCAC and New England Women’s Basketball Association (NEWBA) first-team honors. Fourney, who was NESCAC Rookie of the Year in 2005-06 and received second-team all-NESCAC honors in 2006-07 (in addition to first-team honors in 2007-08), led the NESCAC in scoring with 18.7 points per game, a career high, and was also ranked second in steals per game (3.7), seventh in shooting percentage (47.4 percent), eighth in assists per game (3.35) and ninth in blocks per game (1.0). Fourney is the only player in the team’s 37-year history to accumulate at least 100 career field goals, three-pointers, free throws, rebounds, assists, blocks and steals. She was also chosen to play in this year’s NEWBA Senior All-Star Classic, which will be played at Western New England on Saturday.

Teammate Lucy Sprung G’08 received second-team all-NESCAC laurels for the second straight season. Sprung was third in the NESCAC in scoring average (14.4 points per game) and ranked tenth in rebounds per game (6.5). She also led the conference in free-throw shooting at 84.6 percent.

Women’s ice hockey goalie Rachel Stemerman ’09 was also named second-team all-NESCAC. Stemerman finished her career with 3,012 saves, the second-highest total in Division III history and a per-game average of 36.3. Stemerman amassed 923 saves in 2008-09, exceeding the previous Wesleyan seasonal mark by 148 and ranking fifth in Division III history. She ended her four years with a goals-against average of 3.29 and a 921 save percentage.

Two Wesleyan divers and a swimmer received all-NESCAC recognition following their performances in the NESCAC Swimming and Diving Championships. Michael Bailey ’11 finished third in the 200-yard individual medley with a time of 1:54.95, and Gianfranco Galluzzo ’12 placed third in both the one- and three-meter dive events with scores of 454.35 and 474.85, respectively. (Participants who finish in the top three in their events automatically receive all-NESCAC recognition.) In addition, diver Dave Wilkinson ’09 was honored as the Four Year High-Point Diver as the senior with the most career points in the NESCAC Championships.

Although wrestling does not have representation in the NESCAC—only three member institutions sponsor the sport—four Wesleyan wrestlers were named National Wrestling Coaches Association (NWCA) Scholar All-Americans: David Bachy ’10, Dan Bloom ’10, Dan Conroy ’11 and Greg Hurd ’10. Wesleyan also received NWCA Scholar Team honors, as the Cardinals had the seventh-highest team GPA in Division III.