32 Saves made by men’s ice hockey goalie Mike Palladino ’09 in the team’s 2-1 win at Colby on Saturday. 

0 All-time wins for the team in Maine against NESCAC teams entering Saturday’s game.

17-1 Combined margin of victory for the men’s squash team in its weekend matches against M.I.T. and Penn State.

Did You Know…?

By now, you probably know that the men’s hockey team’s impressive win at Colby on Saturday was the first in team history. But here are some facts about their season that you probably didn’t know:

-All four of the team’s wins so far have come by exactly one goal. This marks the time in team history that the team’s first four wins have come by one goal. In addition, the team’s one overtime game so far this season ended in a 2-2 tie against St. Michael’s College on Jan. 23. That marked the fifth straight overtime game in which Wesleyan scored exactly two goals. Wesleyan is 0-1-4 in those five games. The one loss is a 3-2 home defeat against Colby last season; the other four all ended in 2-2 deadlocks (against Southern Maine, Middlebury, and Williams in addition to the St. Michael’s game). The Cardinals’ last home overtime win came on Feb. 3, 1995, a 4-3 win against Iona. Since then, Wesleyan is 1-11-34 in overtime affairs, with the lone win coming at Trinity (4-3) in the 2006-07 season.

-Wesleyan has also won each of its four one-goal games this season by different scores: 1-0 (vs. Amherst), 4-3 (at St. Anselm), 3-2 (vs. Tufts) and 2-1 (at Colby). Only two other schools have four one-goal wins by different scores: Conn. College (6-5 vs. Wentworth Institute of Technology, 1-0 vs. Amherst, 2-1 vs. New England College, and 3-2 vs. UMass Dartmouth) and Williams (3-2 vs. Conn. College, 5-4 at Salem State, 2-1 vs. St. Anselm, and 4-3 vs. UMass Boston).

-Saturday’s game against Colby also marked just the second time in team history Wesleyan held Colby to fewer than two goals. The first time was Feb. 10, 2006 in a 1-0 home loss to the Mules. In that game, Dave Scardella ’07 made 35 saves in 58 minutes, 55 seconds of action.

It’s also worth pointing out that the men’s basketball team won its season finale Monday against Bard by 25 points, its largest margin of victory in a season finale since the 1968-69 season. Who was the lucky opponent that day? Who else but Williams, against which Wesleyan ended a 3-game losing streak with a 107-68 demolition in the Cage on Mar. 1.

Staying on the hardwood, Ali Fourney ’09 had three blocks on Saturday (also against Colby) to raise her career total to 100. Fourney is the first player in Wesleyan women’s basketball history to reach the century mark in seven different statistical categories: points (1,482), three-pointers (118), free throws (352), rebounds (524), assists (228), blocks (100) and steals (276).