The men’s and women’s indoor track teams continued their run of strong performances over the weekend in the Cardinal Invitational II, with a combined 11 first-place finishes in the meet. Ten different Cardinals placed first in their respective events, with Tommie Lark ’11 dominating both the long jump and triple jump.

Lark, who had distances of 22’ 4 1/2” in the long jump and 46’ 3 1/4” in the triple jump, was one of three Wesleyan men with a first-place finish on the afternoon. Brad Litchfield ’09 won the 600-meter run with a time of 1:26.35, and Chris Coleman ’10 did the same in the 1000m, clocking in at 2:39.01. Wesleyan dominated the 1000-meter event as Henry Kaplan ’10, Seth Hafferkamp ’12 and Nelson Norsworthy ’10 finished second, third, and fourth, respectively, behind Coleman. Chris Foster ’09 and Matt Katz ’11 finished first and second, respectively, in the mile run, and Wesleyan also finished first by more than 20 seconds in the 4×800 relay.

Wesleyan also had several runners-up, including Dan Manuyag ’10 in the 55-meter dash, Avinash Sridhar ’10 in the 800-meter run and Newman Hoffman ’09 in the shot put, in addition to the 4x200m relay team of Manuyag, Kenton Atta-Krah ’09, Alex Iwamoto ’12 and Lark.

The Wesleyan women also continued their recent dominance with five first-place finishes. Julia Frieze ’12 finished first in the 600-meter run with a time of 1:41.74; Frieze also came in fifth in the 200m. Lisa Sussman ’09, Jessica Levin ’11 and Amanda Jacob ’10 finished 1-2-3 in the 1000m, and Liz Wheatley ’09 won the mile run by nearly four seconds. Wesleyan also excelled in the field events, with Sokki Chham ’11 (long jump) and Kathryn Kulowski ’11 (triple jump) both taking home first-place finishes. Kulowski also came in second in the high jump, and Lilly Fesler ’11 had a third-place finish in the long jump.

Wesleyan’s next action comes Saturday in the M.I.T. Invitational.