The men’s swimming team suffered its eighth straight defeat against Coast Guard, falling to the Bears by a 167-123 score in its annual season-ending meet. Wesleyan finished the season with a 10-5 overall record and has a two-weekend layoff before the NESCAC Championships at the end of the month.

Dave Wilkinson ’09 notched another solid performance in the meet, winning both the one- and three-meter diving events handily. Wilkinson’s score of 287.55 in the one-meter was over 130 points higher than the closest Coast Guard finisher and was his highest diving score of the season in a dual meet. The score also exceeded the qualifying standard for the NCAA Division III Championships. Wilkinson also scored 167.25 in the three-meter dive, just ahead of teammate Gianfranco Galluzzo ’12 (163.05). Galluzzo finished with a score of 244.95 in the one-meter event.

The Cardinals also got a pair of strong performances in the 200-yard freestyle from Dan Storms ’10 and Ryan Beck ’10, who finished first and second, respectively. Michael Bailey ’11 clocked in at 2:01.07 in the 200-yard individual medley for another Wesleyan first-place finish.

The Cards’ next action comes in the NESCAC Championships, which Wesleyan will host from Feb. 27-Mar. 1. Wesleyan has hosted the event twice previously, finishing ninth of 11 teams in 2001-02—the second year of the Championships—and sixth in 2004-05. Wesleyan finished sixth at the Championships last season at Middlebury.