1. The Falcons beat the Bears. In probably the most entertaining game of the weekend (at least for the last quarter), the Falcons stunned the Bears in Hot Lanta, 22-20. Chicago thought they had won when they scored on a Kyle Orton TD pass with only 11 seconds left, giving them a 20-19 lead. But a pooch kickoff gave Atlanta the ball at their own 30, and a deep out from rookie sensation Matt Ryan to receiver Michael Jenkins put them in field goal range, where Jason Elam kicked the Falcons to an improbable win as time expired. A great game to watch, even though I was worried an aging Jason Elam’s leg was going to snap off on his seventh FG try of the day.

2. The Cardinals beat the Cowboys in OT. No, this is not a misprint. The Cowboys were stunned in the desert, looking rather inept for three-and-a-half quarters. However, down 10 late in the game, Marion Barber scooted for a 70-yard score after a short pass to put the Cowboys within three. As time expired (with the aid of an offside penalty), Dallas kicker Nick Folk drilled a 52-yard try to send the game to OT. However, after a three and out by Dallas, the ensuing punt attempt was blocked and returned for the game-winning TD. With the electric atmosphere in Phoenix, either Arizona proved they are better than expected or Dallas proved they are not the team they were last year. I think the latter.

2b. Tony Romo is out four weeks. As if things couldn’t get worse for Dallas, their stud QB is out a month with a broken finger. This is great news for yours truly, who has Romo as his fantasy QB in two leagues. On the upside, Romo will have plenty of time to hang out with Jessica Simpson. We should all be so lucky.

3. Texas outlasted Oklahoma. In a great renewal of the Red River Shootout (I refuse to be PC and call it the Red River Rivalry), number five Texas beat number one Oklahoma 45-35. Oklahoma would have won had they stayed in their hurry-up offense, which was unstoppable when used properly. But Bob Stoops continued his less than stellar coaching in big games and allowed Texas to stay in and eventually win the game on the shoulders of QB Colt McCoy. It was the highest scoring game in the 108 year rivalry between the schools.

4. LSU got worked by Florida. So much for the Gators losing their championship form. In a pivotal SEC game, Florida rocked visiting LSU in the Swamp, 51-21. Tim Tebow threw two TD’s and ran for another as Florida dominated. Perhaps the biggest news was Florida found a running game, gaining 282 yards on the ground—something they were literally inept at this season until this game. I am convinced Florida Head Coach Urban Meyer somehow cheated, and anyone with any information is encouraged to contact me.

5. The Colts looked like, well, the Colts. Peyton Manning finally looked like the Peyton of old, as the Colts finally got back on track by pounding the Ravens, 31-3. It was Indy’s first win in their new stadium. Special thanks after the game were sent to Ravens QB Joe Flacco from the Colts, who looked every bit the rookie throwing three picks. In a down AFC, look out for the Colts if they somehow can string this victory into some success going forward.

5b. Colts RB Joseph Addai hurt his hamstring. Somebody upstairs hates me, as my starting fantasy RB was also hurt yesterday. Not that he was playing well anyway, but come on. With the luck I had this past weekend, I am considering a trip to Vegas in the near future.

6. New Orleans rocked the Raiders. Drew Brees went 27-30 for 300 yards as the Saints pummeled the hapless Raiders, 34-3. Throwing just three incompletions is like a throwing a damn no-hitter. Well played Drew Brees, well played. I guess it was the coaches’ fault who you fired a week ago Al Davis, oh wait, new coach, and…wait for it…the team wasn’t even competitive. Who was it who wanted JaMarcus Russell again?

7. ALCS is knotted at 1-1. In a great couple of games in Tampa Bay over the weekend, the Red Sox and Rays split the first two games of the league championship series. The games shift to Boston, where the Sox hope to return to the World Series for the second straight year. Analysis is irrelevant at this point, as the series is far from over. In fact, I’m not sure why I even included this. There’s no shot you missed these games, because even if you don’t care, one of your obnoxious Red Sox-loving friends let you know. Moving on…(Go Sox!)

8. Notre Dame fell at North Carolina. I wrote last week that I had jinxed ND by writing about their win over Stanford. Obviously, I was right. Ahead for almost the whole game, ND found a way to lose in Chapel Hill by a score of 29-24. Notre Dame probably—no, definitely—would have won this game if they didn’t turn the ball over five times. Hard to win when you do this. Bye week for the Irish, who can hopefully recover against Washington in two weeks.

9. Missouri lost to Oklahoma State. Oklahoma State, ranked 17, beat third-ranked Missouri, 28-23. Heisman hopeful Chase Daniel let a big opportunity slip away, as he played his worst game of the year, throwing three pivotal second-half interceptions that allowed OK State to come away with the win. It’s never a good thing in your biggest game of the year to play your worst because everybody is watching. Hats off to the Cowboys for going on the road and coming up with a huge win.

10. The NBA is laying off 80 employees. Seems the economic crisis has hit the sports world, as NBA commissioner David Stern announced the league is planning to cut 80 jobs- about nine percent of its workforce. Just thought I’d finish off on a positive note.