For you fantasy football fanatics, these are your most important days. Most leagues hold drafts around this time, and if you don’t make the right picks you’ll probably end up as one of those annoying people who stop playing mid-season, give away your players, and basically ruin everyone’s fun. Don’t be that.

So, to keep you educated and on top of the game, here are the sports editors top five players to draft, as well as five to avoid.

Draft

1). Adrian Peterson, RB, Vikings — Knock on wood, but Peterson is the truth. Could lead the league in rushing yards and touchdowns.

2). LaDainian Tomlinson, RB, Chargers — People say his window for greatness is closing, but they’re wrong. Tomlinson won’t disappoint. One hundred fifteen touchdowns in eight seasons speaks for itself and Tomlinson will undoubtedly throw a few touchdowns this season.

3). Tom Brady, QB, Patriots — A recording-breaking year ended in heartbreak, so look for Brady to throw early and often to get his team back to the promised land.

4). Randy Moss, WR, Patriots — Moss and Brady are must-drafts this year. Moss’s athleticism, field vision, and top-end speed are just unfair. Twenty-three touchdowns in 2007 = draft.

5). Brian Westbrook, RB, Eagles — The most underrated player in football. Westbrook is always consistent and rarely banged up.

Don’t Draft

1). Giants Defense — This unit won the Giants the Super Bowl last year, but don’t expect dominance from Big Blue in ’08. The d-line just lost stud end Osi Umenyiori for the year, and a circus erupted about the possibility of bringing back retired end Michael Strahan. Strahan opted for the Greek Isles and his Fox Sports contract. We think you should do the same.

2). Reggie Bush, RB, Saints —Bush will never produce like a fantasy all-star. He had his chance to shine as an every down back when Deuce McAllister went down last year. He’s not a consistent scorer and shouldn’t be on your roster.

3). Chad Pennington, QB, Dolphins — New town, same pathetic arm. Pennington simply doesn’t throw well; this is an important skill for a quarterback.

4). Matt Ryan, QB, Falcons — Throwing Matty Ice into the fire is a risky decision by Falcon’s management. We think it’ll pay off in the long run but not in time for you to win your league’s Super Bowl in 2008.

5). Rudi Johnson, RB, Bengals — Johnson used to be a top-tier back but he has lost the faith of coach Marvin Lewis over a contract dispute. He may be factored out of the Bengal’s offense this season.