It seems like we just began a new calendar at the Film Series, but here we are in our final week. Don’t worry, though, the Film Board has been working hard to curate a whole new slate of movies to enjoy upon our return from Spring Break!

We begin our lineup this Wednesday with “Flawless,” a continuation of the Ring Family Israeli Film Festival. Then on Thursday we bring you “Pain and Glory,” the newest feature from the director who brought you “Volver” and “Women on the Edge of a Nervous Breakdown.” On Friday, we’ll show 2019’s “Queen & Slim,” so if you missed it in theaters last year you can still catch it on the big screen. On Saturday don’t miss the classic kaiju film “Godzilla.”

c/o jpost.com

c/o jpost.com

“Flawless”

1. Israel. Dir: Tal Granit, Sharon Maymon. With Stav Strashko. 97 min. 

Wednesday, February 26th. 8pm. Free.

Eden discovers that her two best friends are planning to sell their kidneys to pay for cosmetic surgery and a dress for prom. Eden, who is a transgender woman, joins the others on their journey to Kiev but the trip does not go as planned – when Eden’s trans identity is exposed, all three of them must come to terms with who they are.

c/o imdb.com

c/o imdb.com

“Pain and Glory” (Dolor y Gloria)

1. Spain. Dir: Pedro Almodóvar. With Antonio Banderas, Penelope Cruz. 113 min. 

Thursday, February 27th. 8pm. Free.

Poignant memories from a film director’s sometimes painful, sometimes glorious past drift in and out of his mind. Now older and stagnant, he grapples with physical and emotional pain, past losses and flagging vitality. Based on Almodóvar’s own life, this film has one of the year’s most deliciously satisfying endings.

c/o imdb.com

c/o imdb.com

“Queen & Slim”

2019. USA. Dir: Melina Matsoukas. With Jodie Turner-Smith, Daniel Kaluuya. 132 min.

Friday, February 28th. 8pm. $5.

A racially-motivated police stop goes awry and transforms a first date into an odyssey through the film’s richly-realized depiction of the American South. Directed by Matsoukas and scripted by Lena Waithe, Queen & Slim follows the eponymous duo’s trail across the fraught nation within which we reside.

c/o themoviedb.org

c/o themoviedb.org

“Godzilla”

1. Japan. Dir: Ishirō Honda. With Akira Takarada, Momoko Kōchi. 96 min.

Saturday, February 29th. 8pm. Free. 

Following the end of WWII, the now world-famous monster made his debut in this mid-century milestone featuring a visually stunning use of miniatures and special effects. Behind all the campy acting and soul-crushing urban destruction, the film retains an earnest heart in its quest for a measured approach to the overpowering advance of modern technologies.

• Great content! Super high-quality! Keep it up! :)