While the new freshmen have yet to adapt to the life at Wesleyan, their orientation leader Olivia Pearson ’19 has almost finished her first week of training back with women’s crew. The Atlanta native had a different junior year from most of her friends. In order for a more in-depth study in Spanish, she went aboard for a year-long exchange program in Chile, while watching her teammates continue to row, including team captain Emma Porrazzo ’19. Their experiences, however, do share some similarities. While they both rowed in high school, their recruitment wasn’t the stuff of legend. No Internet buzz. No big welcome parties. No Sports Illustrated stories. But they did enjoy their own unique experiences as they kept trusting the process and being patient. Amid the chaos of Drop/Add, The Argus had a chance to speak with the two rowers to hear about their experiences, expectations and much more.

c/o athletics.wesleyan.edu

c/o athletics.wesleyan.edu

Like many other senior athletes, Pearson still couldn’t help but lament how her year abroad went so fast, but she is also extremely excited for the return and said that she relishes a challenge. Her piece of advice for the freshman is to enjoy the ride and compete to the best of your ability every single day.

When asked about how they are feeling about the upcoming season, both Pearson and Porrazzo expressed their excitement in meeting with their old friends and new faces. Pearson also spoke about her appreciation for what Head Coach Pat Tynan’s has done in the past few years.

“Crew team has always been the place of an empowering group of women,” said Pearson. “So I’m sure it will be the same this year. Pat has put an enormous effort in in building the team’s atmosphere and I’ve never came to realize how important it is until now. I had even started missing him when I was away. I am also excited to meet our new assistant coach.”

On the matter of being a senior captain, Porrazzo explained her gratitude to her teammates and staff. She explained that it is the energy in the dressing room which drives her forward and makes her uphold a commitment to other teammates whom she cares about deeply.

According to many, one of the things that contributes to the crew team experience is the opportunity to travel to a variety of sites to compete. Pearson picked the Head of the Charles River Regatta in fall 2016 (in which the Cardinals placed first) as her favorite and said that it was one of the proudest moments in her career.

Moreover, Olivia also talked about how her study-abroad experience impacts her rowing career.  Much to our surprise, she admitted that the cultural difference was so huge that she already started to feel like she needs to readjust herself to living in the States again.

c/o athletics.wesleyan.edu

c/o athletics.wesleyan.edu

“Honestly I didn’t come out with the same level of fitness as everybody else on the team does,” she said. “Although Pat did give me a training plan and I did some of it, but I didn’t row much. Personally, it was hard for me to do a lot of stuff without the team or without another person because it was both mentally and physically challenging. Chile was an amazing country, but there’s no competitive collegiate league, so I had to attend a rowing club.”

With the crew season approaching in late September, the returning seniors are spending time preparing for not only the season, but also the personal goals ahead of them. Both Pearson and Porrazzo have a few items to check off their college bucket lists this year, such as maintaining their high GPAs and visiting Usdan more often. Although seemingly lofty, their goals are a short order compared to what they achieved as proud members of the student-athlete community.

Following last year’s impressive record, the team are looking forward to a successful fall campaign as they head back to the heated New England water. In about three weeks, the Cardinals will be traveling to Hartford for the annual Riverfront Regatta, where a clash between the Little Three rivals will take place. Then, on the weekend of Sept. 20-21, Pearson and her teammates will return to the Head of the Charles Regatta, as they seek to beat last year’s second-place finish and aim for the title.

Henry Yang can be reached at hyang01@wesleyan.edu.

• 股票配资是一种放大的股票投资工具,将用户的自有资金按照一定配资倍数放大给投资者使用;投资者只需支付相应的保证金及资金管理费。
    股票配资能有效的放大投资收益。在系统性或确定性机会出现时,投资者运用配资方案,可以获得自有资金基础上1—10倍的资金,能够将收益水平放大到几倍。投资者需要注意,配资工具在放大收益也会放大亏损风险,投资者应在投资机会比较确定并管理好风险的前提下使用,投资一些相对稳健的股票。
    对股票配资稍微了解一点的人都应该认识到进行股票配资,放大了交易的比例,扩大收益。首先股票配资使一部分缺少资金的人能抓住有利的进场时间迅速获利;其二,股票配资可以使那些正做其他生意的人不至于因为把资金投入期货市场股票市场而耽误生意的运营;其三,股票配资,需要由出资方监督,这样对股票配资者来说就是一种提醒,使股票配资者能及时止损,使他们不至于把全部资金全部投入以至于亏完,通过阶梯式的资金投入也一定程度上限制了投资者的赌博心理,为调整操作思路赢得了时间。
    股票等电子化的金融投资方式本身对于大部分中国投资者来说就是一个比较新型的东西。在中国发展起来的时间不是很长,但由于其突出的优势,这几年发展速度惊人,可以说股票基本上已经达到全民皆股的规模。
    尚盈股票配资模式只要运作合理,是有一定好处的,同时也提高了资金的使用效率,对合作双方来说都是比较有利的。
    多数投资者具有良好的盈利能力和风险控制能力,但受制于自身资金量较小,其操盘能力和盈利能力无法得到充分发挥。而解决这一问题最直接的方法就是扩大操作资金。利用资金杠杆,在大行情中,只要把握一次机会即能实现利益最大化。股票配资就是为具备丰富操盘经验及良好风险控制能力的投资者提供的放大其操作资金的业务。
    配资炒股合作中的双方称为操盘方和出资方,操盘方是指需要扩大操作资金的投资者,出资方是指为操盘方提供资金的个人。合作过程如下:
    首先,操盘方与出资方签署合作协议,约定股票配资费用及风险控制原则;
    其次,操盘方作为承担交易风险的一方,向出资方交纳风险保证金(此为操盘方自有资金),以获得出资方提供的 1-10倍于其自有资金的交易账户;
    之后,由操盘方独立操作该账户,同时,出资方按合同约定对该账户进行风险监控,以确保其出资安全。

• Steven Nahas

Small correction to this story — the Head of the Charles Regatta is in October, not September…