Last weekend, two athletes, one each from the men’s and women’s track and field teams, represented the Red and Black at the New England Open Championships hosted by Boston University. Women’s Track and Field Captain Sierra Livious ’14 placed 10th and 13th respectively in the shot put and the weight throw. Her shot put reached 41 feet, 1 inch, and her weight throw flew 48 feet, 8 3/4 inches.

Sam Roth G’14 ran the 1000-meter race for the men, placing 10th with a time of 2:31.79. Neither of the attending athletes scored. Agbon Edomwonyi ’16, who had intended on competing in the shot put and weight throw, was unable to attend due to injury and fatigue.

The last time Roth raced at BU was at the Valentine Invitational that took place on Saturday, Feb. 8. There, Roth ran the same 1000-meter race in 2:31.15, just 0.03 seconds short of the Wesleyan record. He has also run the 800 and the mile throughout the season. For these events, Roth placed first in the 800 at the first Wesleyan Invitational with a time of 2:01.11 and finished third in 4:32.02 in the mile at Wesleyan’s third invitational. He was a member of the scoring distance medley relay team that secured sixth place at the New England Division III Championships two weeks ago, alongside teammates Will Dudek ’17, Luca Ameri ’15, and Evan Bieder ’15.

Livious has had an outstanding indoor season, representing the Cardinals in the top-three finishers and top-eight scorers at almost every meet in shot put and weight throw. Her record-breaking shot put of 42 feet, 11 1/2 inches won her first place in the second Wesleyan Invitational, where she also secured first place in the weight throw. At MIT in the first weekend of February, Livious came in third in shot put and second in the weight throw. The following week at Tufts, she was the only Wes top-three finisher, placing third with a shot put of 42 feet, 6 inches. Livious tossed her farthest weight throw at the New England Division III meet two weeks ago, when she scored five points for Wesleyan with a fourth-place throw of 51 feet, 5 3/4 inches. She was also just two inches shy of breaking her previous shot put record at the same meet.

The New England Championships last weekend was the last meet of Livious’ indoor track career. In a previous interview with The Argus, Livious stated that she will not be competing at the ECAC Division III meet that will take place next week. Five men and nine women will take part in the meet at the Reggie Lewis Track & Athletic Center in Boston, Mass., beginning this Friday, March 7.