The Wesleyan women’s tennis team hit the road for the third straight time on Sunday, April 15, to square off against Hamilton College in a NESCAC tilt. The Cardinals were seeking their third straight win after gutting one out against Colby and cruising past Babson in the previous week. At Hamilton, Wesleyan convincingly took the match by a count of 6-1, with two of the nine matches left unfinished.

Co-captain Sarah Miller ’12 continued her hot streak by routing her #2 singles opponent 6-2, 6-1 and teaming up with Grace Smith ’14 at #1 doubles in an 8-0 shutout win. The two wins for Miller gave her six wins in the last three matches, the maximum attainable over three contests. Smith continued her steady play at the top singles position with a 6-2, 6-3 victory while Genevieve Aniello ’13 overwhelmed her #3 singles opponent by a count of 6-2, 6-2. Kiley Robbins ’14 fell at #4 singles by a paper-thin margin in three sets with a score of 3-6, 6-2, (10-12). Madison Hartley ’15 and Lauren Jacobs ’15 did not finish their singles matches, but teamed up to win 8-6 at #3 doubles, while Aniello and Robbins triumphed 8-5 at #2 doubles.

On the horizon for the team is an opportunity to add to its three-match winning streak when it takes on Connecticut College in an away contest on Wednesday, April 18. Conn. College snuck by Wesleyan last season by a 5-4 margin, while Wesleyan took the three head-to-heads from 2008-2010. The victory brings the squad’s record to 6-3 overall, 2-3 in NESCAC play, and 3-2 in the spring portion of the season. With four matches remaining before the NESCAC championships, the Cardinals need just one more victory to secure a winning season, though they have their sights set on more as they ride the wave of their current winning streak.