Coming off of a fall slate in which it won three of four matches under first-year head coach Michael Fried, the Wesleyan women’s tennis team has a leg up in its quest to secure its seventh consecutive winning campaign. In the fall portion of the season, Wes prevailed over Simmons College, Nichols College, and Mount Holyoke College, while its lone defeat came at the hands of NESCAC foe and Little Three rival Williams. Six players took the court in official fall action, with Grace Smith ’14 and co-captain Sarah Miller ’12 leading the charge, as each played two matches at #1 singles and two matches at #2 singles. Miller joined forces with Kiley Robbins ’14 at #1 doubles, while Smith paired up with newcomer Lauren Jacobs ’15 at #2 doubles, and Kaitlyn Clark ’14  and co-captain Hannah Berkman ’12 partnered at #3 doubles.

Nicki Softness ’14, Madison Hartley ’15, Ana Alvarado ’12, Genevieve Aniello ’13, and the six fall competitors form the ten-player roster for the spring season. Aniello, who has starred previously at #1 singles for Wes, is returning to the team after missing the fall season due to study abroad. The spring schedule is composed of nine matches prior to the NESCAC tournament, with seven coming against NESCAC opponents. The season opener will be a home match on March 31 against Bowdoin College.