Brunch is arguably one of the most eagerly anticipated meals of the week at Wesleyan, second only to lunch at Usdan on Fridays when the vegan apple crisp makes its coveted appearance. Brunch is a no-judgment zone, the one time all week when it is socially acceptable to show up with smudged makeup and disheveled hair from the night before and replenish your body of calories lost from your morning walk-of-shame. I can’t keep track of the number of oversized t-shirts I have seen girls sporting, or the remnants of costume-themed outfits from last night’s rave dispersed throughout the dining hall. Conversations often consist of friends recapping each other’s nights and retracing each other’s steps from the past evening. Phones and keys are returned and dignity is restored—sometimes. Don’t worry if your pants are stained with jungle juice—you’ll fit right in.

There are three delectable dining options on campus to choose from: Usdan, WesWings, and Red and Black Café. Brunch ends at 2 p.m. on both Saturdays and Sundays, allowing one to stay out late on weekend nights and wake up late the morning after without having to stress out about missing breakfast.

Some brunch options on campus even cater to your hangover needs—WesWings offers “The Hangover Special,” which consists of egg, cheese, and your choice of bacon, ham, or sausage served on a bagel with a side of fries. It doesn’t stop there—WesWings boasts several other options, ranging from Eggs Benedict to the California omelet. And let’s not forget the ominous “Breakfast Pail,” a personal favorite: four wonderful layers of hash browns; chopped bacon or sausage; cheddar cheese; and two scrambled or over-easy eggs, creatively presented in a Chinese food container. If you’re not a fan of eggs, don’t fret. You can opt for one of the several delicious pancake options, which are served alongside your choice of bacon, sausage, or fruit. If you’re looking for something lighter, there is the classic “Bagel N’ Lox,” hot oatmeal, and a yummy yogurt parfait. WesWings even offers free coffee during brunch.

Usdan offers a similar variety of options for those who do not wish to spend their precious points. Usdan brunch is also great because, unlike at WesWings, you can have a little of everything—a pancake, some eggs, a little oatmeal, and fruit salad to top it all off. For my indecisive comrades, Usdan is the place for you. The Classics section offers two kinds of scrambled eggs (cheesy and plain), bacon, sausage, hash browns, and either pancakes or French toast. The kosher/vegan section offers similar options that cater to dietary restrictions. There are two omelet stations, at which chefs make egg white and regular omelets and allow you to choose from a list of seven toppings. You can also make your own waffle at the waffle station. (Warning: don’t forget to grease the waffle iron! You don’t want to be that kid peeling a charred waffle off of the grill.) Top your waffle off with strawberries, peaches, blueberries, whipped cream, sprinkles, Heath Bar crunch bits, marshmallows, or chocolate chips. If those toppings are intimidating, you can always go the plainer butter and maple syrup route. The salad bar is replaced with fruit salad, yogurt, oatmeal and grits. There are a wide variety of breads, bagels, and the appropriate accoutrements alongside the toaster. There is also usually a more lunch-y option in the Grazing section for those who do not like breakfast food.

If you are up for a walk and don’t mind spending the points, Red and Black Café also has some really tempting options that are very similar to those at WesWings. They make some delicious omelets, such as the Margarita Omelet with mozzarella, tomato and basil, and the California Dreamin’ Omelet with avocado, sundried tomato, and goat chee1se. If you’re looking to switch it up, you might opt for the to-die-for Huevos Rancheros. Red and Black is like a combination between Pi Café and WesWings—you can get a yummy, filling, hot breakfast and a fancy coffee drink. And, if it’s a Sunday, you might want to get that coffee to go—you’ll likely be joining the mass exodus of students heading straight to Olin to tackle the pile of work they’ve been putting off all weekend.

Brunch well, Wes.