After an e-mail sent by Director of Public Safety Dave Meyer and Vice President of Student Affairs Mike Whaley on Nov. 9 warned the Wesleyan community against visiting the Beta Theta Pi house in light of several reports of sexual assault, questions and rumors about what actually occurred have arisen across campus. With the hope of shedding light on some of those questions, one female student who reported being sexually assaulted spoke to The Argus about her allegations.

The student, who wished to remain anonymous, said she was raped at the Beta fraternity house by an individual who is not a Wesleyan student on the night of Saturday, Oct. 30. According to her allegations, the assault took place in a room upstairs. The student said that she was sober that night.

She declined to comment further on the nature of the investigation, which is being conducted by the Middletown Police Department (MPD) because the fraternity house is technically off-campus.

Beta President Jeff Tanenbaum ’12 declined to comment on the allegation of rape; however, he said that the investigation has not found any members of the fraternity culpable.

“No members who live in the house, or who are part of the fraternity, have been charged with any crime whatsoever that has to do with the incidents,” Tanenbaum wrote in an e-mail to The Argus.

According to Whaley, the e-mail sent out was prompted by more than one report of sexual assault.

Director of Public Safety (PSafe) Dave Meyer said the investigation by MPD is ongoing, but declined to comment further.

“Beta is not University property nor is it recognized by the University, so we’re not involved in the investigation,” he said.

• jim

fucking townies

little premature with that email?

• Anon

Beta bros, this guy could be one of your friends from another school. If you can help with this investigation, please do.