Amherst sophomore right fielder Kevin Heller was named NESCAC Baseball Player of the Week after leading the Lord Jeffs to a sweep of Hamilton. Heller batted .600 in the three-game set, including a slugging percentage of 1.200 as five of his nine hits went for extra bases. Heller went 6-for-7 with four RBI, hitting safely in his first five plate appearances, in a 24-13 win on Friday.

Bates field hockey placed six players on the 2009 National Field Hockey Coaches Association (NFHCA) Division III National Academic Squad and also earned a 2009 National Academic Team Award. Individual honorees must have a 3.30 GPA or higher through the fall 2009 semester, while teams must have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0. Bates was one of 96 teams to be recognized.

Bowdoin freshman Oliver Van Zant was named NESCAC Baseball Pitcher of the Week after helping lead the Polar Bears to a 4-1 win in the third and deciding game of their weekend series with Trinity. Van Zant allowed five hits and one run while striking out 12 in seven innings of work as Bowdoin defeated Trinity for the first time since 2007.

Colby junior goalkeeper Sarah Warnke was named NESCAC Women’s Lacrosse Player of the Week, having stopped 14 Middlebury shots in an 11-10 overtime win in Vermont on Saturday. She also picked up seven ground balls and her 30th career win as the Mules improved to 7-1 in 2010. Warnke now stands 30-6 in her three years in Waterville.

Conn. College unveiled a new athletics logo on Monday as part of its 99th birthday celebration. The logo was designed by Rickabaugh Graphics of Gahanna, Ohio, which incorporated input from 1,445 respondents to an online survey of students, alumni, and other members of the College community. The original Camel logo, which was introduced in 1999, will be retained for non-varsity-athletics purposes.

Hamilton men’s and women’s crew defeated Utica College on the Erie Canal in Rome, N.Y., to win the Gilman Cup and Gilman Plate, respectively. The Hamilton men swept the trophy races for the third time in four years in capturing their fourth straight Gilman Cup, while the Continental women swept the trophy races en route to their fifth straight Gilman Plate. Both teams will race Wesleyan this Saturday in Malden, Mass.

Middlebury sophomore men’s ice hockey forward Martin Drolet was named to the New England Hockey Writers All-Star Team, one of five NESCAC players to receive the honor. Drolet, the 2009 NESCAC Rookie of the Year, tallied a conference-high 36 points (15 goals, 21 assists) in 2009-10. Twelve of Drolet’s points came on the power play, as he finished tied for second in the conference in power-play points.

Trinity junior Kristen Anderson was named NESCAC Softball Player of the Week, going the distance in a pair of wins as the Bantams swept Bates in both teams’ NESCAC West opener. Anderson scattered 12 hits over seven innings in a 5-1 win on Friday and added a two-hit shutout on Saturday in a 4-0 victory. Anderson did not allow a walk and held opposing batters to a .259 average in her 14 innings of work.

Tufts track and field had a pair of athletes receive NESCAC honors. Senior Jesse Faller was named Men’s Track Performer of the Week after placing second in the 10k run at the Same Howell Invitational at Princeton University, while freshman Kelly Allen was named Women’s Field Performer of the Week. Allen racked up first-place finishes in the discus and shot put in the Snowflake Classic hosted by the Jumbos and also placed third in the hammer and fourth in the javelin.

Williams women’s squash senior Toby Eyre received All-America honors for the fourth time in as many years after posting a career-best 25 wins in 2009-10. Eyre, who played at the number-one position throughout her time in Williamstown, finished with a career record of 88-22. She placed third at the College Squash Association (CSA) Individual Championships in 2009, the highest finish ever by a Williams player, and took fifth in the event this past winter.