So this might be old news, but I JUST found out about this, and it’s kind of blowing my mind. Independence Day 2 is slated for release in 2013 (I think), but because I don’t have access to IMDBPro, I can’t see the director/actor information this far into the process, and there isn’t a Wikipedia page about it. Some doubters think it won’t happen–well, I’m an optimist, and not just some guy with a laptop and a website.  So that’s about all I know, and because I have access to this site, you now know it too! Isn’t the Internet an amazing set of tubes?

About Gabe Lezra

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides with the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who in the name of charity and good will shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon those with great vengeance and with furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know that my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee. Ezekiel 25-17.
  • Jared Gimbel

Plots are like human beings in the same respect: once they are finished, only a divine being is capable of perfectly making them come to life again.

Let things that are complete in their plot resolutions remain this way. Aside from the uncreative title, this can only turn out to be a farce, in my opinion, and not in a good way.

• UGH

Who really cares? It was a crappy movie in the first place. Chances are it’ll be an even worse sequel.

• Jason

I heard recently that Will Smith signed on for this and another Independence Day after it

• J-Rock

Independence Day came out in 1996 and destroyed box office records while it was out. It was a good movie for its time. I saw it twice and both times got a standing ovation!