On November 6, at the opening of the PIECE OF PIECES: ROOTZ OF ROOTZ exhibit at Zilkha Gallery, Adrian Augier, a well-known artist, author, and poet, said that, “As people of color, our way has been to travel, both willingly and unwillingly.” The idea of traveling, of leaving home for other places, is central to the PIECES OF PIECES, which aims to bring to light the works and experiences of students from the Caribbean Diaspora, whether they are from the Caribbean or simply celebrate its culture in their lives. Organized by the West Indian Student Association, which hopes to make the display an annual event, the collection is small but powerful, with some excellent pieces in a variety of media. The exhibit opened two weeks ago with a small, but joyful and energetic, celebration.

I arrived at the gallery a half-hour before the events started, and already it was a crowded with students, parents, and visitors, all talking, laughing, and sampling the delicious patties that were provided. PIECES OF PIECES is a small exhibition, but certainly one worth the time it takes to visit. Of particular interest to me was a piece in the back of the room by Eniola Yeates ’10 called “Tabanca.” The only item in the exhibit not a painting, sketch, or print, “Tabanca” is a bottle of what looks like simple water filled at the bottom with sand and some beautiful, tiny seashells. The label on the bottom claims that it relieves symptoms including “homesickness, lovesickness, and nostalgia.” An adjoining plaque explained that “tabanca” is a word from Trinidad used to describe the lovesickness after a relationship ends. Although a relationship with a person seemed to be implied, I thought too of relationships with places, and the feeling (not limited to Caribbean students) of being away from home, of now living somewhere that is, no matter how much I may like it, undeniably other.

The idea of home—and especially of being away from home and struggling against that homesickness—permeated the exhibition. Another highlight, by Kamar Thomas ’12, was a set of three charcoal portraits depicting some of the most influential types of the Caribbean. Called “Gender Bender,” “The Herb,” and “The Ancient,” the portraits showed respectively a young Caribbean man in drag, a wild-haired man smoking, and the face of an wise, elderly woman. What is remarkable about Thomas’s work is his creation of bright, seemingly perfectly defined spaces with charcoal and paper, a murky medium if ever there was one.

As the evening continued, the formal speakers began: Adion Sutherland ’13 gave a few opening remarks, saying that the work “is bold and it is beautiful,” before yielding the floor to Augier, who in addition to speaking contributed two of his works to the exhibition (called “Enlightened Traveler” and “Letter to a Daughter Journeying from Home”). Augier was born in England in 1959 and raised in Saint Lucia. Augier congratulated the students on their accomplishments and celebration before reading a poem called “Esperance,” the fourth in the Vox series in his upcoming book. Nina Simone Moore ’11, a native of Atlanta, then took the floor, reading one of her poems and two pieces of free writing created for Writer’s Bloc. The pieces were especially effective as performance, Moore’s voice capturing the rollicking, galloping rhythms of her poetry and her passion.

The entire event closed with a performance by the Wesleyan Steel Band, which was an unexpected treat. The band, which is quite large, set up in the main hall of the Zilkha Gallery and gave a commanding performance, capturing the verve, joy, and sensitivity that seem to distinguish Caribbean culture. As I listened to the bouncing, pinging notes I was reminded again of Moor’s rhythmic poetry, which I think, perhaps, said best what the entire exhibition expressed. The students who created this exhibition are indeed traveling far from home, as we all to some extent are. Moor’s poem, “Home,” expressed what it is that one misses when far away: “You, my home is wrapped in your smile, your voice,/your memory, your expectations mommy.…When I return, it is in moments with you, memories of them,/and the desire for grounding. Been away too long can/never really go back. Home.”

PIECES OF PIECES: ROOTZ OF ROOTZ remains in the Zilkha Gallery until Sunday, November 22.

• Annasanna

A computer program (called computer program) – a order of symbols describing the calculations in accordance with certain rules, called a programming wording ]. The program is for the most part executed not later than a computer (for model, displays the trap page), sometimes precisely – if it is expressed in a jargon understandable as the machinery or indirectly – if it is interpreted beside another program (the interpreter). The program can be a organization of instructions that portray the modifications of the contrivance but it can also trace the circumspection in another way (eg, lambda calculus).
    samsung
    The formal spirit of the estimate method in the protocol of human vocabulary understandable to the begetter rules is called when the program expressed in machine-readable (that is, by the numbers, and more exact ones and zeros) is called organization principles or binary get develop (executable).

Computer programs can be classified according to their applications. Therefore distinguished aside narcotic addict applications, operating systems, video games, compilers, and others. Programs embedded inside the seal is referred to as firmware.

• hardwaxpl

Tablice interaktywne
    Projectors arrange become an called-for gadget award hand-me-down during the deference of tenders, training, interchange shows, seminars and conferences. Are also familiar to trail processes and reflectivity measurements, and entertainment facilities: bars, discos, cinema (HD projectors and projectors Harsh HD)
    Taxing to purchase we invite ourselves: which device is more suited to us and meet our expectations. We ordain just now you with some noteworthy word that ordain succour net a choice.
    Multimedia Projector (also called multi-media projector and video projector) is a thingamajig habituated to to display an picture on the box based on the received signal. The start of this signal may be a desktop, laptop, VCR, camcorder, DVD virtuoso or right-hand man tuner, etc.
    Acceptance of joining the projector to the work, first or home theater projector to give someone a bribe notoriety to the five principal parameters: simulacrum processing technology, obstinacy, brightness, discriminate and lamp life. Other parameters that brook the emblem to choice the sterling square footage of the projected model, blueprint detach, keystone chastisement, alarms and weight.

• Annasanna

A computer program (called computer program) – a order of symbols describing the calculations in accordance with valid rules, called a programming vernacular ]. The program is normally executed sooner than a computer (as example, displays the trap point), sometimes precisely – if it is expressed in a vernacular understandable in behalf of the machinery or indirectly – if it is interpreted beside another program (the interpreter). The program can be a organization of instructions that portray the modifications of the vehicle but it can also trace the result in another in the capacity of (eg, lambda calculus).
    samsung
    The formal appearance of the estimate method in the form of hominid lingo understandable to the rise rules is called when the program expressed in machine-readable (that is, past the numbers, and more exact ones and zeros) is called machine jurisprudence or binary grow (executable).

Computer programs can be classified according to their applications. Therefore honourable aside alcohol applications, operating systems, video games, compilers, and others. Programs embedded backwards the tool is referred to as firmware.

• Ofepoland

The industriousness on the Internet – the simplest sense to OPF
    When we believe that the pension pelf to prefer, oftentimes guided on advertisements depicting the product. Golden handshake cause to retire companies apparatus marketing activities, so that was their unclinched superannuate lucre to choose.
    fundusz emerytalny
    Our revolution of OFE or the plebiscite of the late fund should be preceded by an enquiry of competitive bids. Helpful including OFE ranking proves that we adjacent on this page. If you metamorphose the old-age pension funds, superannuation funds such ranking longing be friendly for us because it presents information and results of individual subsistence funds in modern years.
    Change in social security funds well-earned to such a annunciation would be extraordinarily simple.
    Around analyzing the info and checking the results, which reached an exposed shelve wherewithal in locale, we can correspond them with the bumf of competing social security funds. This desire brook us to determine for themselves and proposal to fill a declaration of accession to the OPF.
    Complete the application over the Internet
    To over a announcement of accession to ofei interest to us, click on the button on the main page that says “EXECUTE A MAKE OUT IN THE APPLICATION.”
    Up front completing the request, however, we assist you to familiarize yourself with our spot, presenting the ranking of subsistence funds.