This just in from Elena Green ’08: According to a March 2 Telegraph.co.uk article, “The world’s only pink Bottlenose dolphin which was discovered in an inland lake in Louisiana, USA, has become such an attraction that conservationists have warned tourists to leave it alone.” A charter boat captain named Erik Rue, 42, first photographed “Pinky” when the mammal surfaced in Lake Calcasieu, a saltwater estuary north of the Gulf of Mexico. Find more on the the rosy red-eyed Flipper here.

About Andrew Dermont

Andrew Dermont organized the overhaul of the Argus website. He is now the Blargus Editor and oversees the publication of all online-specific content.
  • Maegan

this is so awesome i really loooove dolphina and now there is one in my fav. color pink!!!!!! this is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

albinos changing lives everyday

• Mytheos Holt

For some reason, I feel an odd sort of kinship with this dolphin. Maybe it’s because of my first name.

• Noa

lmao.

• Almost trent grassian

I think it is completely ridiculous that you would label a dolphin as “pink.” You really should be more racially sensitive in your assessments of labeling the “bottlenose Dolphin” population as being genetically insufficient.

The term “Dolphin” can be used to describe any one of a variety of marine cetacean mammals, of which you targeted a specific variety, and for what? A genetic abnormality! (I apologize for insinuating that there is normalcy in Dolphin populations). While I’m happy that you did not specially target a single species of the family Delphinidae, I still find it incredibly racist that you would think this an appropriate article to write. !!!

haha, jk

• HILARIOUS

lmao

• Varlaster, a simple man

thank you for specifying that you were jk it was p. subtle and i could not quite tell what you were going for haha jk hjk

• Varlaster, a simple man

>:O <————my face is scrunched up and i am deeply annoyed this is what my emoticon is trying to represent

• Trent Grassian

Whoever is posting as me, I have 3 things to say to you:

1. Identify theft is no joke, and posing as me is unacceptable.

2. I’m not hiding behind anonymity, why are you?

3. If you read my article, instead of spewing random attacks at me, you would see that I specifically said that racial labels are useful BUT not when they are not examined and only serve to perpetuate stereotypes and erase whiteness. I also specifically said that the label “racist” is not useful and implies that some people are “racist” while others do not have to work on deconstructing how they have absorbed racial prejudices. If you have constructive things to say, why not write a Wespeak of your own? Maybe because you can’t articulate what makes you uncomfortable about acknowledging how YOU personally have absorbed racial stereotypes and prejudices rampant in our society?

• Matt

Learn to take a joke for once in your life, Trent.

• Abaye

jokes are not funny. jokes are exactly the kind of casual and willful ignorance that got us into the state of apathy that consumes us today. you’re just as bad as trent. this conversation is everything that’s wrong with america. i’m joining the israeli army just so i don’t have to deal with you fucking morons anymore. someone punch me in the face, please!