Our fashion bloggers, Menderson and Alvarez, have taken a pre-Spring Break vacation from their weekly “Styles” column. After arriving at a party full of  strikingly well dressed Wesleyanites last night, I decided to pick up some of the slack. The night was long, and a morning-after review revealed my vision was more blurred than expected. Luckily, everyone coped with my paucity of photo skills and a few turned out well. A common thread of the evening was accessories.

How can we take our eyes off Alexandra Hutchinson ’09 when she’s wearing a necklace like this? The gentleman onlooker speaks volumes.

Matthew Lamothe ’09 and Alexis Krisel ’09 accessorize with smokes and solo cups. A 1999 Masters cap and a Southampton Meadow Club sweater says they make sport of the party. Who knew khaki shorts and a collared shirt could look so tough?

Black is the absence of color. Nathalie Brilliant ’10 and Elaina Parasco ’10 were a complimentary duo.

Headwear is all the more special when it’s handmade. Kiran Sheffrin ’10 crafted this white rose herself — she’ll tell you all about it.

Alex Sirois ’09 paused to show off her sailor coat.

but a closer inspection revealed…

the details made hers the real deal.

Jared Blake ’10 “just wanted to throw on a tie,”

but forget the accoutrements, his accessory was Alex Sirois ’09

And finally, after a long night someone’s got to clean up. Kara Rutledge ’09 tames an over-sized oxford with an over-sized belt. Good for the kitchen and the cocktail party.

About Andrew Dermont

Andrew Dermont organized the overhaul of the Argus website. He is now the Blargus Editor and oversees the publication of all online-specific content.

good show andrew!

this is the lamest assortment of style shots i have seen. are we amherst?

no we are not amherst. it will get better- give him a break for this one

• confused

What does Amherst have to do with any of this?

• Jake A.

Great shots Andrew!

this sucks. get robert and ivy back!

• kiki

Heartbreaking horrible.