1. The Tennessee Titans are 10-0. The Titans remained undefeated this weekend by winning in come-from-behind fashion at Jacksonville, 24-14. Down 14-3 at halftime, the Titans, led by QB Kerry Collins’ 3 second half TD passes, took control and again won a close game. Wow. This team seems to find ways to win every week, but they have won too many close games to be considered dominant, including an OT win in Green Bay. That said, outside of the freakish Patriots last year, this is the best start in the NFL since the 1998 Broncos started 13-0 on their way to the Super Bowl.

2. The Giants went to 9-1. The New York Football Giants dominated the Baltimore Ravens at Giants Stadium by a score of 30-10, and it wasn’t even that close. Against the leagues #1 ranked run defense, the Giants 3 headed monster of Brandon Jacobs, Ahmad Bradshaw, and Derrick Ward rumbled their way for 207 yards on the ground. Last time Baltimore let up over 100 yards rushing was 29 games ago in 2006 against the Chiefs. The Giants are the best team in the league right now, no questions asked.

3. Jimmie Johnson won his 3rd straight NASCAR Cup. Jimmy Johnson drove his way into history as he won the NASCAR Sprint Chase for the Cup by having the highest point total after the final 10 races, finishing 15th at the final race in Miami. I know, you don’t care unless you live below the Mason-Dixon Line. But this deserves a top spot. A three time champion in anything is impressive. The only other driver to accomplish this was the legendary Cale Yarborough in 1978. Congrats to the 48 car.

4. The Eagles and the Bengals finished in a tie. The Philadelphia Eagles and the lowly Cincinnati Bengals finished in the first NFL tie since 2002, playing to a 13-13 deadlock. This rule needs to be tweaked. There is no reason that games should even have the possibility of finishing in a tie. If Herm Edwards has taught us anything, you play to win the game. The answer is simple: adopt the college OT format where each team goes back and forth until the winner is decided. This way the coin toss in OT won’t decide the game anymore, and it will not end in a tie. As Julie the Cat so eloquently put it in Might Ducks 3, “I hate ties….its like kissing your brother.” Well said.

5. The Lakers lost their first game. The LA Lakers lost their first game Saturday, falling to the Detroit Pistons 106-95. The Lakers became the last team to lose a game this year, running to a 7-0 record before falling to the Pistons. Still, they seem to have improved since last year, and Kobe Bryant is still scoring at will and probably irritating every one of his teammates. More impressively, though, is that the Lakers are 2nd in the league in points against. A team that can score and plays defense is a frightening thing, although the Lakers have not shown they can be consistently dominant against more physical teams.

6. Albert Pujols won the NL MVP Award. St. Louis Cardinals slugger Albert Pujols claimed his second career MVP title, winning the NL award over Phillies star Ryan Howard. His numbers basically tell the story: he hit .357 with 37 Home Runs and 116 RBIs. He would start at Wesleyan.

7. Shaquille O’Neal was ejected. In an intense game between the Phoenix Suns and the Detroit Pistons, Suns center Shaquille O’Neal was ejected for a flagrant foul on Rodney Stuckey. Going up for a block, O’Neal looked like a WWE star as he took Stuckey hard to the ground as he went up for a layup. When all was said and done, Shaq showed no remorse, instead letting us know the laws of physics stipulated that since he was bigger, the other guy naturally fell. While the foul certainly warrants punishment, the whole situation was high comedy, just like his new Scrabble ESPN commercial. Shaqtastic.

8. College Basketball is under way. The College Basketball season opened up this weekend without any major upsets, although perennial power and 8th ranked Duke barely squeaked out a 81-79 win against a surprisingly strong Rhode Island team. It should be an exciting season on the hardwood, as the Big East looks to get an unprecedented 10 teams into March Madness.

9. The Steelers were robbed of a TD. In a rather boring game, the Steelers beat the Chargers on a late field goal, 11-10. It may have been different, however, as Steelers safety Troy Polamalu scored a TD on the last play of the game that was eventually called back. While I refuse to pile on the NFL Officiating- their accuracy rate with calls is near an uncanny 98%- they should look into letting plays being reviewed twice if there is as much confusion as there was in this case. Thankfully it did not affect the outcome of the game.

10. Mark Cuban was accused of insider trading. Pulling his best Marta Stewart impression, eccentric Mavericks owner Mark Cuban was accused of insider trading on a stock that plummeted 10% after he sold it. He would have lost a reported $750, 000 if the stock had not been sold. While the case extends back to 2004 and is simply an accusation at this time, this could seriously affect the Mavericks if they lose their fiery GM. Turns out the SEC is more than just a great college football conference.