I thought I would change it up this week and do a Top Ten of the looks in sports you will always remember and recognize. They may be good or bad; you may hate them or love them; but hey, you most certainly know or remember them.

1. Vince Lombardi. Let’s start old school. While it is a rule in the NFL nowadays that coaches must wear only NFL sponsored apparel and thus can no longer wear suits more than four times a year on the sidelines, this was not always the case. Many coaches wore suits back in the day on the sideline, and looked mighty fine doing it. We have all seen the NFL Films documentaries on ESPN at random times with that awesome announcer with the great deep voice (“It was a cold, snowy day at Lambeau Field…”), and remember coaches like Hank Straham sporting some terrific ’60s suits. But no one wore suites better than Lombardi, who went one step further with the Fedora hat and one-upped everyone else. Forget what a great coach he was—I’m convinced the Super Bowl trophy is named after him because he looked amazing patrolling the sidelines.

2. Bill Belichick. Now, let’s go new school. If the NFL says you can’t dress up, and you can only wear sponsored apparel, then how is one to distinguish himself? Answer: cut the sleeves off of your sweatshirt. Love it or hate it, you certainly recognize the style. Personally, I think it is great. I mean, come on: if you are churning out Super Bowls like Mickey D’s churns out Big Macs AND you have a style that everyone notices, what’s the issue? No suit, no problem.

3. Rafael Nadal. Tennis has long been considered the sport of the privileged, played at country clubs and private mansions. Naturally, the dress code usually fits the bill: collared shirts, respectable shorts, etc. Then came Rafa. Collared shirt: certainly not. Shirt with no collar that also lost a battle with the sleeve monster: certainly. Shorts: nah. Three-quarter length capris: hell yeah. Take that, country club.

4. Ronaldinho. This Brazilian soccer sensation has graced the cover of EA Sports’ FIFA soccer video game numerous times, and each time you look at him and think: wow. He certainly has a distinct look: long, curly black hair; a long, drawn out face; and a one-of-a-kind smile with some tremendously noticeable pearly whites that stick out like a Yankees fan at Fenway. Some liken his look to that of a horse. Some may not even be able to look at his face because they are too amazed at the skill he has. Either way, he is one of a kind.

5. Sergei Federov. In his hey-day, he was one of the best players in the NHL. In the days of Red Wings dominance (which might I add aren’t even over), nobody was more noticeable than Federov. Why, you ask? Oh yes, those awesome white Nike skates he rocked. As if he wasn’t fast enough, he looked even more awesome than he was when all you could see was a white blur of skill skating around hapless defenseman.

6. Dennis Rodman. What do you remember about the Chicago Bulls of the 1990s? Michael Jordan tooling on the entire league with his tongue out? Scottie Pippen draining uncovered threes when everyone was covering “His Airness?” Or perhaps you are like me and remember the best game ever. It was called, “What color will Dennis Rodman’s hair be tonight?” Rodman, who is most remembered for his eccentric styles, was literally a sideshow character. His hair changed colors like a chameleon, his arms were so heavily tattooed that he made “the Undertaker” look like a priest, and he had so many piercings that I wouldn’t be shocked if he sinks in water with all of those holes in his body. No wonder he led the league in rebounds; he scared everyone else away.

7. Don Cherry. You probably have never heard of Don Cherry. Please Google image him now. Stop what you are doing this instant. Walk to a computer and do it. But please wear sunglasses. This Canadian hockey personality has trademarked wearing some of the most ridiculous suits in history. He has a tremendous hockey mind and is extremely insightful, but nobody can hear him because his clothes are louder than Metallica. Blind yet?

8. Joe Torre. You have now read his name and said “What?” However, Torre has about as distinct a look as they come. Think about it. Every manager in the MLB has some weird quirk. For example, Ray’s manager Joe Maddon clearly stole his glasses from Weezer’s lead singer. But for the last 10 years or so, think of a close up of Torre when he was not blankly staring out on the field holding three stacked Gatorade cups full of steaming coffee. I dare you. It’s near impossible. He is arguably the best manager in MLB history, but looks like he does nothing. Talk about making it look easy—I drink coffee all the time and have nothing to show for it. He has four World Series rings. Advantage: Torre.

9. Troy Polamalu. This USC grad and Pittsburgh Steelers star safety may be best known for his flowing locks coming out of the back of his helmet. While this is not an uncommon thing these days in the NFL, Polamalu started the trend. His mane was last cut (by some reports) in 2000. Yikes. I can only imagine how many times that hair gets pulled in a given game. If it hurts like I think it does, I have even more respect for him than I already do.

10. Jasper Parnevik. This Swedish PGA golfer represents every stereotype of a golfer you have ever heard. His pants are rarely solid and are usually of the plaid variety. When they are solid, they are usually hot pink or some other ridiculous color that probably does not have any place being on pants. More often than not, his hat brim is raised up, completing this most unusual of outfits. Rumor has it that when he looks at himself in the mirror, he can be heard reciting those legendary words of Ron Burgundy: “I look good… reaaaalllly good.”