Hurrah for beautiful weather! Can anyone say global warming? I don’t know about the rest of you, but I really feel like the warm weather has infected my brain. Or maybe that’s just lack of sleep. April crazies bring May daisies? All I want to do is take my sleepy, over-worked, sun-addled brain and sit in front of a big screen and have somebody project movies for me. Oh, wait. But we can… When the sun starts to go down over our lovely hill, head over to the CFS and sit proudly in the front row. This is a darker week, but all the more worth seeing for its contrast with the weather.

THERE WILL BE BLOOD
Dir. Paul Thomas Anderson, USA, 2007
TONIGHT, April 25 , 7:30 p.m.
$4

Set in the Old West of the Gold Rush and exploring themes of betrayal, greed, hypocrisy and dirty, dirty pretty actors, this film is truly fascinating. Featuring great performances by Daniel Day Lewis and Paul Dano, among others, this film gave me newfound respect for Paul Thomas Anderson. If you missed this in theaters, you must go see it now. It truly deserves to be seen on the big screen.

THE CONFORMIST
Dir. Bernardo Bertolucci, Italy/France/West Germany, 1971
SATURDAY, April 26, 7:30 p.m.
Free

This one is a 1970s Italian period-piece set in the 1930s about a spy who’s got a secret (gay love!). Murder, fascism, sensuality—c’mon, what more do you want on a pretty spring day? This film is one of the Film Board’s favorites for this calendar, and your only chance to see Bertolucci for a while.

THE DIVING BELL AND THE BUTTERFLY
Dir. Julian Schnabel, France/USA, 2007
WEDNESDAY, April 30, 7:30 p.m.
$4

I love this movie! Innovative form and beautiful cinematography. “Diving Bell” tells the story of playboy Jean-Dominique Bauby, editor of Elle Magazine, who suffers a massive stroke and becomes completely paralyzed, except for the ability to move one eyelid. The film is based on Bauby’s autobiography, which he dictated by blinking his one eye, and is literally filmed and told from his perspective. The camera becomes his eyeball… sweet!

THE CELEBRATION
Dir. Thomas Vinterberg, Denmark, 1998.
THURSDAY, May 1, 7:30 p.m.
Free

This movie is one of the Dogme 95 films, difficult to see on the big screen, and rarely shown at Wesleyan. It was filmed entirely with natural light and hand-held cameras, though is nothing like “Cloverfield.” The movie takes place at the birthday celebration of a patriarch, as all the family secrets begin to emerge. Disturbingly realistic, soul-shattering and compelling, “The Celebration” is a masterpiece. Fo’ realz.