In French, “Bon Appétit” means “Enjoy Your Meal.” At Wesleyan, “Bon Appétit” translates to “Enjoy Your Meal…after waiting in line for at least half an hour.”

The past few meals at the Usdan Marketplace—that’s the large dining area on the second floor of the new Usdan University Center, as opposed to the sushi counter on the first floor that is absurdly named the “Café”—have been so crowded that students are forced to line up outside of the Marketplace, on the second floor landing, waiting until the dining area is no longer filled to capacity.

Yes, the line to enter the Marketplace is long. And the lines actually in the Marketplace, which often overlap between food stations because of the interior layout, are also long.

But, long lines aside, let’s be honest: the food is delicious.

Though the Fire & Spice station may have the longest lines, this is only because it offers the best food. Employing the same do-it-yourself stir-fry idea that the well-known restaurant FiRE + iCE boasts, Fire & Spice allows you to build your own dish, choosing from an array of brightly colored vegetables—all of which actually taste fresh. Next, you add in one of the following proteins: shrimp (which is surprisingly succulent), beef (which is a bit tough, but still thinly-sliced and flavorful), chicken, or tofu.

After your creation is cooked on the huge circular Mongolian grill in front of you, you are given the choice of rice (brown or white) or noodles (glass or udon). The five sauces available to top off your dish offer diverse flavors as well as a variety in spiciness.

Just next to Fire & Spice is the Cucina station (i.e., pizza). These are no MoCon Sicilian rectangles. The crust is significantly thicker, as is the breaded bottom. The slices, which are quite hefty, are also shockingly greasy for a food service that aims to provide students with “healthier” options.

The pasta station is equally mediocre. This is perhaps the only line that does not merit its long length. The noodles are average, as are the sauces and toppings. However, the option of choosing meat and vegetables to cook with your pasta is intriguing, if not innovative.

Though the deli station is only open at lunch, the subs are bigger and better than Aramark’s measly single-decker sandwiches. These new, hefty subs provide students with more meat (of which there are now more options), as well as toppings. There are even two kinds of mustard (deli and spicy)—an obvious improvement.

Like the deli, the grill has made significant strides under Bon Appétit’s reign. Besides the exciting addition of grilled (and often foot-long) hot dogs, the hamburgers are juicier and more flavorful. The fries, both sweet potato and regular, contain far more potato-substance than their counterparts in MoCon did, and are also surprisingly less greasy.

The main entrée station, oddly named Classics, features a standard option with some random Bon Appétit spin on it in order to feign innovativeness. For instance, the meat lasagna does not just contain pedestrian beef—it also includes some (unknown) salami-type meat that adds a smokier flavor. Additionally, peas and other vegetables are sprinkled throughout the Marketplace lasagna, in order to further glorify it.

As for the sides, the soup options are similar to those Aramark cooked up—except with thinner, fresher broths. The salad bar looks familiar too, though the mountains of ice on which the vegetables are kept cold make it look sophisticated. The pieces of fruit at brunch, as opposed to MoCon’s infamously lame fruit salad, are the Marketplace’s true gem. If you get there within the first half-hour of a meal there may even be strawberries left.

Though the Marketplace is a completely new facility, Summerfields looks exactly the same, except for the huge gaping hole by the drinks where the cookie pie used to be. But this new health-kick isn’t all bad—so far, the options resemble old favorites with the addition of a fruit or a new spice (like apple slices or tarragon mayonnaise, respectively) thrown on top of a sandwich in true Bon Appétit style.

So, wait in line for a while. You may be late to class, but I guarantee you will “Enjoy Your Meal.”