The Argus welcomes Letters to the Editor for people to share their opinions on topics of interest to the Wesleyan community. The submission deadline for Letters to the Editor is 4 p.m. on Monday for publication in Tuesday’s issue, and 4 p.m. on Thursday for publication in Friday’s issue. Letters to the Editor are also published online at the time they are put into print.

The Argus may elect to delay a letter’s publication.  The Argus also reserves the right to withhold Letters to the Editor that are excessively vulgar or nonsensical, or that constitute personal attacks, defamation, or hate speech.  Not every submitted letter will be published. The Argus reserves the right to edit all submissions for length. The Argus reserves the right to withhold Letters to the Editor submitted anonymously or without viable email addresses. The Argus will not edit Letters to the Editor for spelling, content, or grammar, except when we receive permission from the author.

All submissions must be accompanied by a title. The editorial staff may provide titles for any submissions when the author does not provide one. All letters to the editor should be submitted through The Argus website and should include the author’s name and email address.

The views and comments expressed in Letters to the Editor are those of the writer(s) alone and do not necessarily reflect those of The Argus as an institution nor those of any of its staff. Letters to the Editor are not subject to the same editorial process and standards as regular Argus content. Letters to the Editor are published under the discretion of the Editors-in-Chief.

(Updated September 2022)

Letters to the Editor

By clicking submit, I acknowledge that this letter to the editor will be permanently preserved in the online archives.