c/o ISAB

c/o ISAB

The Office of International Student Affairs (OISA) selected Mishaa Vohra ’26, Anh Tran ’27, Nirvaan Mehta ’27, Tihitina Gebeyehu ’27, Mallika Srinivas ’25, Holiness Igiraneza ’27, Alexis Gerwe ’27, and Rania Ahmed ’26 to join the University’s International Student Advisory Board (ISAB), which is responsible for informing and advising OISA and other administrative departments on needs that concern international students at the University, on Wednesday, Oct. 25. They began their terms this semester and will serve one-year terms. 

ISAB is typically composed of 7 to 15 current international students, selected for their critical thinking skills, experience with advocacy, and dedication to working with a myriad of cultures. The OISA also emphasizes constructing a highly diverse board that can represent the needs of international students at the University. 

“I am very excited to be part of ISAB,” Gebeyehu wrote in an email to The Argus. “I plan to proactively work toward creating a strong sense of community amongst international students.”

Recruitment of new members begins at the start of the fall semester, when current ISAB members interview candidates. This semester, applications were due on Sunday, Oct. 8. ISAB members are expected to participate in on-campus training, attend weekly meetings, and participate in special projects and events.

As representatives for international students at the University, ISAB members serve as an accessible and visible resource for the broader international student community and work to keep the University accountable and responsive to student needs. They also coordinate events to foster intercultural learning along with the OISA

“As a group, we also want to have more events for the whole international community at Wes,” Mehta said.

Membership rules include no more than two unexcused absences from scheduled ISAB meetings, which are grounds for dismissal. Additionally, membership is revoked if a student plans to study abroad during the academic year. 

Currently, ISAB members have been hosting a listening table in Usdan University Center and are constructing a handbook for international students navigating campus life. Mehta and Tran particularly enjoy the ISAB listening tables, which allow them to stay connected to international student concerns on campus. 

“I’m grateful for being in ISAB and having the opportunity to learn more about the international community at Wes,” Tran said. “The listening tables in Usdan have helped me know about concerns internationals face and I hope to work on making students feel more supported.”

As the new semester rolls around, new ISAB members are excited to get better acquainted with the board and its operations. 

“Since starting ISAB I have felt very welcomed on the board and met a lot of really cool and interesting people,” Gerwe said. “I’m looking forward to hearing more feedback from international students and starting to do some work on the handbook!”

Carolyn Neugarten can be reached at cneugarten@wesleyan.edu.

• Simply said, your works provide knowledge that is helpful, and I am grateful for that.

• Elitepipe Plastic Factory’s HDPE pipes offer excellent resistance to chemicals, abrasion, and environmental stress, making them ideal for a wide range of applications. Elitepipe Plastic Factory

• This was beautiful Admin. Thank you for your reflections.

• I like the efforts you have put in this, regards for all the great content.

• Hi my family member! I want to say that this post is awesome, nice written and come with approximately all significant infos. I would like to peer extra posts like this.

• Excellent blog here! Also your website loads up very fast! What web host are you using? Can I get your affiliate link to your host? I wish my web site loaded up as quickly as yours lol

• Usually I do not read article on blogs, however I would like to say that this write-up very compelled me to take a look at and do so! Your writing taste has been amazed me. Thanks, quite nice post.

• My brother recommended I might like this web site. He was totally right. This post actually made my day. You cann’t imagine just how much time I had spent for this information! Thanks!

• Its like you read my mind! You appear to know a lot about this, like you wrote the book in it or something. I think that you could do with some pics to drive the message home a little bit, but instead of that, this is fantastic blog. An excellent read. I will certainly be back.

• Fantastic beat ! I would like to apprentice while you amend your web site, how could i subscribe for a blog site? The account helped me a acceptable deal. I had been a little bit acquainted of this your broadcast offered bright clear concept

• you are truly a just right webmaster The site loading speed is incredible It kind of feels that youre doing any distinctive trick In addition The contents are masterwork you have done a great activity in this matter

• I simply could not go away your web site prior to suggesting that I really enjoyed the standard info a person supply on your guests Is going to be back incessantly to investigate crosscheck new posts