Father Bill was my first real friend at Wesleyan. There were many times in freshman year where I doubted myself and my place at Wesleyan, but he always made me feel welcome and created home for me. He would often tell me that I am a great asset to the community and meet up for lunch to check up on me. One of the greatest lessons that I learned from him was to get in someone else’s boat. He said that sometimes people are waiting to be asked to go somewhere or to be talked to, and this was the essence of Father Bill. He was an inclusive presence and made it a point to say something along the lines of Look me in the eyes, and tell me your name, and if I forget, introduce yourself to me again to all around campus. Christa Ishimwe ’23 said, “I met Father Bill in my first year, during orientation week. He was facilitating the group discussion about the book we had been reading over the summer before we came to campus. I happened to be in his group. From that day, Father Bill and I became friends. He is a friend who loves all the time. I am grateful to have him in my life.”

Father Bill held many events including hanging with friends and watching movies together and eating delicious cookies, taking students to Athenian Diner or Denny’s after Mass during the Holy weeks, celebrating Mardi Gras, and much more. As well, there were many times Father Bill took students to restaurants on Main Street, to Frank Pepe’s after the Knights of Columbus Museum trip, or to the 9/11 museum in New York City. The annual ski retreat that Father Bill took us on was always filled with fond memories, and he would often joke that we would never forget the ‘crazy priest’ who took us, and taught many people to ski for the first time. Fallon Konow ’20 said, “As an active member of the CSO community, some of my favorite memories of Father Bill are from CSO events. During one of our ski trips, we were all playing spoons (a deceptively ruthless game) and Father Bill decided to join. I remember vividly his shock when I snatched the last spoon for the round out from under his hand; apparently, he didn’t realize how seriously I took spoons. The memory makes me smile because it is something so mundane: Father Bill really got to know us and interact with us in ways that even seem silly. Even though he served as a guide and mentor, he wasn’t afraid or ashamed to play spoons with us.”

Father Bill’s Last Chance Mass was truly one of the highlights of my week. Father Bill encouraged students to utilize their talents, so I was able to join the choir, and many other students did as well. A former student Beth N. said, “I have very fond memories of participating in the 7 p.m. Mass at Wesleyan chapel. For several years I attended the last Mass in town with Fr. Bill officiating. As a member of the community, I loved attending Sunday evening mass and hearing Fr. Bill’s homily. I looked forward to ending my weekend with the students and community members celebrating mass with Fr. Bill. He effortlessly wove life events into the weekly readings, bringing to light the correlations of past, present and future. The altar was often seasonally decorated (I know his sister and niece had considerable influence in the decorating), and food was frequently available after mass for hungry students. In 2020, I moved to North Carolina during the pandemic and was grateful he continued to offer Mass virtually from his home. A selfless person, he welcomed and encouraged all to grow in faith. As a practicing Catholic for over six decades, I am forever grateful to have had this opportunity to know Fr. Bill. Thank you Fr. Bill!” As well, Fallon Konow ’20 says, “He made everyone feel welcome at mass regardless if they came every week, once a year, or if they had never been before. I think the fact that Father Bill made himself so accessible and approachable is what allowed me to be confident coming to him with any matters of faith.”

Father Bill is a proponent of Aristotle’s quote which is that education of the mind without education of the heart is no education at all. Father Bill always encouraged us in our studies, whether that was through intentions at Mass, or sending an encouraging email before an exam or paper. He also sent weekly newsletters that he often spent hours on. He really has genuine generosity and love for his community. In the documentary by Quentin Rollet ’23, Father Bill can be quoted as saying “The community in particular the students enrich my life. They contribute to my wellbeing. They keep me going so to speak. Their laughter, their enthusiasm, their intelligence, their desire for meaning, for purpose, for companionship, for friendship—that’s very fulfilling and very rewarding.” As Fallon Konow ’20 says, “If you told [Father Bill] about a student event, he went. This included many sports games, concerts, recitals, presentations, etc. My day was always made brighter when I saw Father Bill walking around campus because he was so genuinely happy to see you every time he passed by you. I especially looked forward to seeing him outside of the libraries during finals weeks, handing out snacks, words of encouragement, and smiles.” Another student said, “Father Bill always made himself available to help and be supportive for students, faculty, and staff members. You can find him at basketball games, football, and volleyball games supporting students…. He also invited students who stayed on campus during breaks to his family’s house to have dinner and to remain connected with the community while school was off. It is an absolute shame Father Bill was asked to leave Wesleyan.”

Father Bill has helped me in numerous ways, and literally and figuratively has been there to pick me back up. Another quote by Father Bill in the documentary is, “When the students know that you are there for them, that you have their back, that you care for them, and that you are going to support them, and sometimes serve as their advocate when they make bad decisions– that’s huge.” I can attest to this, as Father Bill has supported me at all times—especially when I made mistakes and could’ve done better. In addition, Father Bill has driven students to the airport whether it is 11 p.m. or 3 a.m., and he and his niece Alex helped me unpack at the start of the semester. He stored many students’ luggage at his home, and joked that he would sell it on eBay. Another student said, “Father Bill was a big reason why I went back to church. His infectious positivity and fun loving personality was a magnet to all who attended Mass every Sunday.”

I could go on about the multitude of ways that makes Father Bill the person he is; his selfless love permeated the campus, and really all benefited from him being there, and the opportunities that he gave to others. Whether he was handing out pizza in Exley to students with his dog Molly, or asking the simple question of how are you holding up, he is a confidant and an encourager. Now, it is my turn to tell everyone that he is a great asset to the community. We are all better people for knowing him.

The complaint is now public record on the case regarding the unjust firing of Father Bill. Father Bill did not deserve this after all he has done for others. Please advocate for him as the truth speaks for itself! Thank you.

• With a focus on excellence, Elitepipe Plastic Factory has gained a reputation for producing top-notch HDPE and uPVC products that meet rigorous quality standards. Elitepipe Plastic Factory

• تم تصميم تركيبات المصنع من البولي فينيل كلوريد (uPVC) مع الاهتمام الدقيق بالتفاصيل ، مما يضمن اتصالات آمنة ومحكمة تقلل من مخاطر التسرب أو الأعطال. إيليت بايب Elite Pipe

• This is my first time pay a quick visit at here and i am really happy to read everthing at one place

• You’re so awesome! I don’t believe I have read a single thing like that before. So great to find someone with some original thoughts on this topic. Really.. thank you for starting this up. This website is something that is needed on the internet, someone with a little originality!

• Good post! We will be linking to this particularly great post on our site. Keep up the great writing

• I really like reading through a post that can make men and women think. Also, thank you for allowing me to comment!

• Hi, i think that i saw you visited my web site thus i came to ?eturn the favor텶’m attempting to find things to enhance my site!I suppose its ok to use a few of your ideas!!

• I do believe all the ideas you’ve presented for your post. They are really convincing and will certainly work. Nonetheless, the posts are too short for novices. May just you please lengthen them a little from subsequent time? Thanks for the post.

• you are truly a just right webmaster. The site loading speed is incredible. It kind of feels that you’re doing any distinctive trick. In addition, The contents are masterwork. you have done a great activity in this matter!

• hello!,I really like your writing so a lot! share we keep up a correspondence extra approximately your post on AOL? I need an expert in this house to unravel my problem. May be that is you! Taking a look ahead to see you.

• What i do not understood is in truth how you are not actually a lot more smartly-liked than you may be now. You are very intelligent. You realize therefore significantly in the case of this topic, produced me individually imagine it from numerous numerous angles. Its like men and women don’t seem to be fascinated until it is one thing to do with Woman gaga! Your own stuffs nice. All the time care for it up!

• Just wish to say your article is as surprising. The clearness in your post is just cool and i could assume you’re an expert on this subject. Fine with your permission allow me to grab your RSS feed to keep updated with forthcoming post. Thanks a million and please keep up the enjoyable work.

• My brother recommended I might like this web site. He was totally right. This post actually made my day. You cann’t imagine just how much time I had spent for this information! Thanks!

• Hi my loved one! I wish to say that this post is amazing, nice written and include approximately all vital infos. I’d like to peer more posts like this.

• I just could not leave your web site before suggesting that I really enjoyed the standard information a person supply to your visitors? Is gonna be again steadily in order to check up on new posts.

• Wonderful web site Lots of useful info here Im sending it to a few friends ans additionally sharing in delicious And obviously thanks to your effort