Ever wonder what your professors are listening to through their headphones when they walk into the classroom? Well, wonder no more, because these five professors are here to tell you about all of their favorite tunes.

c/o amazon.com

c/o amazon.com

Harris Friedberg, Associate Professor of English

Im listening to See Ya,” the last cut on my son Andrew Friedbergs Thank God for Rock Bottom. Its built on a stop-time guitar riff that knocks me out.

c/o amazon.com

c/o amazon.com

Courtney Patterson-Faye, Assistant Professor of Sociology

Since last month (including today in my office, in my car on the way to campus, and at my Departments open house mixer this evening), l have been playing Ari Lennoxs Shea Butter Baby album on a continuous loop! I constantly play one song, New Apartment,” on repeat, and I just cant help but wish I had her album when I got my first apartment years ago. I sing it at the top of my lungs (no matter the location) and even include hand signals along the way. It’s such a great song that screams a truth about a black woman on the cusp of becoming who she wants to be: part of which is in control of her own self and her own space.

c/o amazon.com

c/o amazon.com

Leo Lensing, Professor of Film Studies 

I like Margo Prices Hurtin’ (On the Bottle).” Like all good country songs or almost all, its about the evils of drink and how to get past them. I try to get over country music, but its hard….

c/o inews.co.uk

c/o inews.co.uk

Scott Higgins, Professor of Film Studies

“Canada Plus” by Article 54. It turns out that soft Euro disco is my preferred form of protest music these days.

c/o amazon.com

c/o amazon.com

Greg Goldberg, Associate Professor of Sociology 

I recently re-discovered Cody ChesnuTTs song “Look Good in Leather.” It’s fantastically catchy, and if I were DJing a queer leather party, it would be high up on my playlist.

Jane Herz can be reached at jherz@wesleyan.edu.