c/o blogs.wesleyan.edu

c/o blogs.wesleyan.edu

On the afternoon of Feb. 12, a Wesleyan student was arrested on drug charges after a package addressed to them was discovered containing 4.5 ounces of marijuana at WesStation.

According to the arraignment report, the substance was first found when mailroom employees were processing packages last Friday, Feb. 9. The Middletown Police Department was notified soon after the sealed bag containing marijuana fell out of a damaged parcel.

Investigators examined the contents of the package over the weekend, confirming it was marijuana, before resealing the bag and waiting for the addressee to claim the mail, which occurred this past Tuesday. The street value of the confiscated marijuana was determined at approximately $2,550.

The arresting officers seized a fake Maryland driver’s license, a counterfeit California Medical Marijuana card, an expired California Driver’s license, and an Apple iPhone, in addition to the package, during their search of the student’s person.

The student was initially charged with three counts: possession of marijuana with intent to sell, possession in a school zone, and possession with intent to sell in a school zone. The prosecution has since added a fourth count, bringing the total to 2 felony and 2 misdemeanor charges. Deemed “a legitimate flight risk” in the arraignment report, the student is currently held on a $25,000 surety bond.

A court date has been set for Feb. 27.

Emmet Teran can be reached at eteran@wesleyan.edu and on Twitter @ETerannosaurus.

• Fuck the Argus

If you’re going to write an article about something this serious, get your information correct instead of copying it from other news articles. No self respecting person buys weed for $20/gram so $2550 is a completely overblown amount. Honestly, it’s pathetic that a Wesleyan publication would write an article demonizing a student for getting weed in the mail when rapists walk around campus every day and no one does anything about it. Also, when the main audience of the Argus is Wes students, do you really think any of us would give a shit about weed?? we go to Wesleyan, remember? Get your head out of your ass.

• 2019

If he gets a stiff sentence, it might serve as a deterrent.

• fuck you 2019

giving people a stiff sentence to serve as a deterrent is fucked up so you can fuck off

• Thisiswhy

Thisiswhy

• Fuck You

thisiswhy? really? you go to Wes because they penalize students for drug use but not for sexual assault? seems like a great reason to go here!

• Fuck you Thisiswhy

Thisiswhy is clearly a P-safe officer commenting as a student.
        We get it, you didn’t get any credit for being a snitch. Sorry about that my dude.

• j

Two completely different crimes. You have witness testimony vs physical evidence. Learn something about the legal system.

• Thisiswhy

Way to not even mention public safety at all

• Thisiswhy

Why do you disrespect public safety so much like they also don’t conduct investigations and assist middletown police. Public safety does more around campus than you think.