On Saturday, April 14, the Wesleyan Spring Fling Committee announced this year’s acts: Rapsody, The Orwells, and headliner Vic Mensa. The announcement came in the form of a mysterious email for all students on campus with the subject line, “WesWings Specials 5-11-17.”

C/O billboard.com

C/O billboard.com

“Lunch and Dinner: Spring Fling Special,” the email reads. “Foss Hill May 11, 2017.”

Viewed almost 2,000 times, the linked video entitled “SPRING FLING 2017 ANNOUNCEMENT” opens with a POV shot of someone entering WesWings. The board that typically displays the day’s specials reads “Act 1,” “Act 2,” and “Act 3” surrounded by question marks. The filmer then orders the “Spring Fling Special” soup, grabs a spoon, and the camera seemingly enters the soup as “Act 1” fills the screen. The video continues to include three sections with music and video clips from each of the acts.

The video’s caption elaborates on the announcement.

“The 2016-17 Wesleyan Spring Fling Committee is proud to present: SPRING FLING 2017,” the caption reads. “This year’s event will be held on May 11, 2017. Special thanks to WesWings and Sky Doyle (you can find her on WesCam at sgdoyle@wesleyan.edu) for their help in making this video. Stay tuned for a special addition to this year’s event and watch Wesleyan student bands battle for the opener slot at Psi U on April 22!”

An anonymous sophomore expressed her thoughts about the lineup.

“I’m really excited about Rapsody, and Vic Mensa is pretty cool, too,” she said. “I’m really not impressed by The Orwells. I feel like that money could’ve been better spent given that they sound more or less like the freshman WestCo bands. No hate to the freshman bands, they’re fun!”

One junior expressed an all-too-real situation for many Spring Fling goers.

“I love spring fling and day parties but will probably be too tired to make it to see Vic Mensa live,” they said.

Spring Fling 2016 featured A$AP Ferg as the headliner, BØRNS, and Leaf. In 2015, headliner Jeremih was accompanied by The Julie Run and Djemba Djemba. The 2014 headliner was at the time a young, 21-year-old Chance the Rapper.

The three acts this year will be accompanied by the winner of the Battle of the Bands show that will take place this Saturday at 10:30 p.m. in Psi U.