We get it. Everyone’s busy. Some of us are doing science projects in the lab. Others are crunching numbers in their calculators. And it seems like no one on campus can find the time to write in to cinefilesdigital@gmail.com (even when we give the answers to the questions in the article). So we’ll throw you a bone. We’re going to keep the column short and the questions easy this week so everyone has time to soak up the four spectacular silver screen dreams we’ve lined up for you at the Goldsmith. Here are this week’s Q’s:

1. What’s on your mind?
  2. Do you realize that if you write in, you’ll probably end up published in next week’s column?

“Malcolm X”

1. Dir. Spike Lee. With Denzel Washington, Angela Bassett. 202 min.

Wednesday, Nov. 9. 8 p.m. Free.

Spike Lee presents a portrait of activist, thinker, and Muslim minister Malcolm X, from his religious conversion while in prison to his rise to prominence as a champion of Black rights. Adapted from the autobiography co-written by Alex Garland and based on a screenplay drafted by James Baldwin, Lee’s film features Denzel Washington as the titular character, as well as an impressive cast of characters and cameo appearances. The first American film to be shot in Mecca, “Malcolm X” achieves panoramic breadth as well as intimate depth in exploring the titular character’s life and legacy.

“Half of a Yellow Sun”

1. Dir. Biyi Bandele. With Chiwetel Ejiogor, Thandie Newton. 111 min.

Thursday, Nov. 10. 8 p.m. Free.

Against the backdrop of the Nigerian Civil War, twin sisters struggle to choose between family ties and individual freedom. This adaptation of Himamanda Ngozi Adichie’s second novel explores the personal effects of national conflict and the fight for independence. (Co-programmed with the African Students Association.)

“Fight Club”

1. Dir. David Fincher. With Edward Norton, Brad Pitt. 139 min.

Friday, Nov. 11. 8 p.m. $5.

An unsatisfied office drone meets an anarchistic soap salesman and they start a society dedicated to recreational physical altercation. “Fight Club” achieves its cool, neo-noir-ish tone largely due to Norton’s dry voice-over, sleek cinematography, and an fittingly-convoluted plot full of twists you won’t see coming (provided you’ve lived under a rock for the last 17 years). You might as well temper your Friday night revelry with a healthy dose of smugly delivered anti-consumerist critique. Plus, it’s never too late to get the joke about Fight Club’s number one rule.

“A Taste of Honey”

1. Dir. Tony Richardson. With Rita Tushingham. 100 min.

Saturday, Nov. 12. 8 p.m. Free.

Amidst the stark black-and-white grime of ’60s Manchester, a lively young woman’s hope is kept alive by the compassion and companionship of society’s fringes. Richardson imbues “kitchen sink” realism with bittersweet longing, fashioning a portrait of soul mates—white, black, female, male, straight, and gay—that far transcends mere recognition.