It’s safe to say that Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. Citing the gift-centric nature of Christmas and Hanukkah, some may argue that these two holidays reign supreme. But let’s face it: When it comes to annual festivities, there ain’t no party like a Thanksgiving party.
Thanksgiving first and foremost fosters a sense of unity among family and friends, promoting the values of gratefulness and togetherness. Furthermore, because the holiday lacks a religious affiliation, people from diverse cultures and backgrounds can collectively enjoy this harmonious atmosphere.
Family, friends, and sentimentality aside, perhaps the best known feature of Thanksgiving is the food. This holiday is a field day for foodies; originally celebrated as a blessing for the year’s harvest, Thanksgiving is rooted in fresh and delicious food. And because Thanksgiving is a hallmark autumn event, it provides an ideal opportunity to use all our favorite fall flavors.
These petite pumpkin pies are my no-bake tribute to the culinary tradition of Thanksgiving. Sweet, creamy, and a teeny bit spicy, the confections feature all that’s magical about a full-sized pumpkin pie in a convenient and compact package. Requiring only a list of simple ingredients and about 20 minutes of your time, they are as easy to make as they are delicious.
Whether you are looking to bring a little Thanksgiving love to your dorm or simply have a hankering for something sweet, give these festive fall treats a go.
1 1/4 cup graham crackers
3/4 stick butter
9 oz. semisweet chocolate chips
1 15 oz. can pumpkin purée
1 8 oz. container Cool Whip
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 8 oz. package cream cheese
1 12 oz. bag semisweet chocolate chips
1 can Reddi Whip
3 oz. semi sweet chocolate chips
1. Pour graham cracker crumbs into a medium bowl.
2. Stir in melted butter until well incorporated.
3. Distribute mixture evenly into individual cups and press onto the bottom of each to create a base.
4. Melt about 3/4 of the chocolate chips.
5. Once melted, spread a layer of chocolate over each crust.
6. Place cups in refrigerator while making the filling.
For filling and topping:
1. Place cream cheese in a medium mixing bowl and whip until slightly fluffy.
2. Combine cream cheese with pumpkin purée and mix in cinnamon.
3. Gradually fold in Cool Whip until fully incorporated.
4. Distribute mixture into the cups of graham cracker crust.
5. Chill for at least 2 hours. Before serving, top each petite pie with whipped cream and leftover chocolate chips.