Peanut sauce. Everyone has strong feelings about it. If you’re allergic to peanuts, you hate it. If you’re not allergic to peanuts, you love it.

Of course, peanut sauce isn’t necessarily the best recipe to publish on the second night of Passover. Noodles, traditionally served with peanut sauce, are banned for a portion of the Wesleyan population for the next week. This article, therefore, will either give you something to look forward to or inspire your creativity; peanut sauce can be served with almost any dish, if you’re willing to get creative.

This recipe is certainly an indulgence. It’s hard to tell once the sauce is fully created and is poured on noodles and vegetables, but the primary ingredient of peanut sauce is peanut butter. This recipe might best serve a meal as a side dish, because after having gorged on a full serving and a half of pasta, my stomach felt like I had eaten half a jar of peanut butter. I had.

One of the best things about this recipe for the health conscious, however, it that it is relatively low in sodium for an Asian-style sauce. The flavor focus shifts toward the spicy and the sour, and the need for salt is reduced.

Peanut Butter Noodles

1. In a large pot, bring salted water to a boil for spaghetti.

2. In a smaller pot, bring 1 in. of salted water to a boil for broccoli. Put broccoli in the pot and cover it; let it steam for 3-5 minutes.

3. Put the peanut butter, soy sauce, water, vinegar, lime juice, scallion, ginger, sugar, pepper flakes, and sriracha in a blender, and blend until smooth.

4. When the noodles have finished cooking, combine them with the broccoli and the peanut sauce. Add pepper to taste, and serve.

Ingredients

3/4 lb. whole wheat spaghetti

4 cups broccoli

1/2 cup creamy peanut butter

1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce

1/2 cup water

2 tbsp. rice vinegar

3 tbsp. fresh lime juice

1 scallion, chopped (optional)

1 in. fresh ginger, peeled and grated

1 tbsp. sugar

1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes

1 tsp. sriracha (or alternate hot sauce)

Salt and pepper