The women’s softball team traveled to Clermont, Fla. over spring break for their 14-game training trip. During the trip, the Cardinals opened with wins over Salve Regina University and St. Lawrence University. They dropped the next three games versus College of New Jersey, Bowdoin College, and Hood College, but then came back from a losing 2-3 record and dominated their remaining nine opponents. The Cardinals returned to campus with their best ever start at 11-3. The Cardinals’ second-best start was in 2010, the same year they won the NESCAC title, with a record of 8-6.

On an individual level, Allee Beatty ’13 was recognized as the NESCAC Player of the Week for both weeks of the trip and the ECAC Player of the Week for the first week. After the first week, Beatty distinguished herself from the competition with nine stolen bases, no strikeouts, 24 putouts, and a .519 batting average. Beatty continued her offensive dominance in the second week by extending her hitting streak to 14 games, improving her batting average to .607 over the six games, scoring all four runs in a 4-3 walkoff win over New England College, and striking out only once in 58 plate appearances this season.

Beatty is among the national leaders with batting average at .560, runs scored with 28 in 14 games, and stolen bases with 15-for-16. Ashley McLaren ’13 is also ranked nationally with a .519 batting average and 19 RBI.

“I’m optimistic about this season simply because this team has one of the best work ethics I’ve ever witnessed,” Beatty said. “Each class has stepped up to outperform their own expectations, knowing that we have the potential to improve even more in the future.”

Laura Getchell ’14 and Su Pardo ’16 worked tremendously hard on the pitching mound, and both leave Florida with winning pitching records. Getchell ended the trip with an overall 4-2 record after pitching 33.1 innings, had a 2.31 ERA, and 37 strikeouts. Pardo pitched one fewer inning than Getchell, but earned 44 strikeouts, a 3.12 ERA, and an overall 4-0 record.

“One of our main team goals is to make a stand in the NESCAC tournament,” Beatty said. “We won the title in 2010, but unfortunately did not qualify in the next two seasons. This year, we intend to return to the tournament and hopefully reestablish ourselves as contenders for the title.”

The Cardinals begin their NESCAC crusade this weekend with home-field advantage and the momentum coming from a nine-game winning streak. The Cardinals play a doubleheader versus Hamilton College on Friday, March 29 and Saturday, March 30. Cardinals play a doubleheader versus Hamilton College on Friday, March 29 and Saturday, March 30.

• Asraful

Dr.
    Kevin Williams offers powerful one-on-one and couples consultations. He is
    proficient in getting into the heart of the matter by identifying loopholes
    within conflicts and turning negatives into something positive. Drawing on his
    lifetime of experience in overcoming past challenges, Dr. Williams seeks to
    provide guidance through his keen insights and to empower others in making the
    right decisions in life.

Dr. Kevin Williams is a noted
    minister, acclaimed motivational speaker, author and media personality.

http://www.drkevinawilliams.com/

Williams speaks to audiences around
    the world about subjects ranging from life’s turning points and the challenges
    of being single in today’s world, to reinvention of oneself and the role of
    religion and spirituality in a person’s life. In recent years, he has become a
    media personality and is regularly quoted in magazines and newspapers, and
    appears on television shows, as an expert resource on a variety of topics.