Come midterms week, I tend to get an insatiable craving for peanut butter, sugar, and pretty much anything else that will make the pain go away. This time in the semester creates a cycle of guilt over point spending, candy comas, and test stress. But believe it or not, staying sane and satisfying your sweet tooth can come with a bit of nutrition and very little effort. I can’t promise this will help polish your paper or cure your sleeplessness, but it will certainly brighten your day. There’s always money in the banana stand!

Note: This recipe is not just meant for stressful times. It’s a winner all year round. I actually came up with this idea in the middle of summer, and it was perfectly refreshing on a hot day. Remember the sun? Tank tops, the smell of fresh grass, watching baseball, tan lines! So soon guys, I promise. But I digress…

Peanut Butter-Banana Ice Cream

Ingredients

2 overripe bananas, preferably snagged from Usdan
3 tbsp. crunchy peanut butter (or Nutella if you’ve pulled an all-nighter)
Splash of vanilla extract
Dash of cinnamon
2 tbsp. skim milk

Toppings: sprinkles, chocolate chips, walnuts, anything that will turn that frown upside down.

Directions

1. In a bowl, mash bananas and milk with a fork. Try to get it as smooth as possible. Add cinnamon and vanilla.

2. Swirl in peanut butter.

3. Place in freezer for two to three hours, stirring every 30 minutes. It’s a great study break! Don’t forget to taste test because… you can.

4. Eat directly out of the bowl, piled high with toppings, and get back to work!

• ’14

HEYYYY BROTHER