The men’s and women’s swimming and diving teams were in action again on Saturday, Dec. 1 with Brandeis University visiting from Massachusetts. The men grabbed their first win of the season with a score of 171-75 while the women continued their strong start to the season in a 207-70 victory.

The women won 15 of the 16 events, with Angela Slevin ’15 and Cara Colker-Eybel ’13 winning four apiece.  Slevin won two individual events—the 200-meter freestyle and the 200-meter backstroke—while also winning the 200-meter medley with Rachel Hirsch ’15, Alyssa Savarino ’14, and Katie Havlovic ’13 and the 200-meter freestyle with  Savarino, Colker-Eybel, and Ally Anderson ’13. Colker-Eybel took the 1000-meter freestyle, the 100-meter freestyle, and the 200-meter individual medley to help propel the Cardinals to victory.

Other individual wins came from diver Carly Feinman ’16, who won on both the one-meter and three-meter boards. Hirsch also grabbed two individual victories with wins in the 100-meter breaststroke and the 500-meter freestyle. Savarino  snatched first place in the 100-meter butterfly. Liyan Yao ’16, Amanda Distler ’15, and Erin Cohn ’15 also had victories in an individual event, with Yao winning the 100-meter backstroke, Distler winning the 200-meter butterfly, and Cohn winning the 200-meter breaststroke.

On the men’s side, Billy Hepner ’16 helped lead the Cardinals to their first victory with three individual victories as the men won 11 of the 14 events. Hepner won both the 100-meter and 200-meter breaststroke along with the 200-meter individual medley. Stefan Brown ’15 grabbed two individual victories with first-place finishes in the 200-meter backstroke and the 100-meter butterfly.

Four other Cardinals grabbed individual victories, with Nick Huston ’13 winning the 200-meter backstroke, Wes Fantini ’13 winning the 50-meter freestyle, Erik Yan ’15 capturing first in the 200-meter butterfly, and Jeff Arace ’12 capturing victory in the 200-meter freestyle. The Cardinals also won both relay events with Fantini, Yan, Arace, and Martin Kafina ’13 winning the 200-meter freestyle relay and Huston, Fantini, Yan, and Arace grabbing first in the 200-meter medley relay.

The men and women both return to action on Saturday, Jan. 5 when they travel to Providence to take part in a three-team meet with Providence College and Brown University.