Only recently did I realize how much I miss breakfast food—cereal, eggs, toast, you name it. There is something so uniquely satisfying about the morning meal that I have found lacking in my diet. I figured there are two directions I can go with this realization. One is to make healthier life choices and drag myself to Usdan when I wake up before class, instead of lying in bed for half an hour devouring a box of corn flakes, but the other is much simpler: just change the time of “breakfast.”

The trick is to satisfy your dinner palate, in addition to your craving for eggs and toast and waffles. Below are some recipes I have chosen that can make a full and satisfying meal and that incorporate both breakfast and dinner flavors. Nothing is too complicated either, and all of the ingredients are those you could usually find in your fridge.

Strawberry Goat Cheese Bruschetta

Makes 12-16 slices, depending on how thick you cut the baguette.

Think of this as an updated version of toast with jelly. Strawberry bruschetta is a nice twist on the more typical version of bruschetta with tomatoes, and it is not overpoweringly sweet when combined with savory goat cheese. This recipe is quick—exactly what you would want before rushing out of your dorm at 7 a.m.—but flavorful and filling, so it’s also an awesome choice for dinner.

Ingredients:

1 french baguette, sliced

2 cup strawberries, diced

2 tablespoons sugar (optional)

1 cup goat cheese

1/2 cup basil, shredded

Olive oil

Balsamic vinegar

Pepper

Sea salt

Directions:

1. Drizzle each slice of bread with olive oil, and toast to your preferred crispiness.

2. Spread the toast with a thin layer of goat cheese.

3. Sprinkle the diced strawberries onto the bread. If you’d like, you may marinate the strawberries beforehand by mixing the pieces with sugar and balsamic and letting them sit for half an hour. This makes them juicier—just moderate the amount of sugar depending on how much sweetness you want.

4. Top the slices with slivers of fresh basil, black pepper, sea salt, and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar for maximum flavor.

Deviled Eggs

Makes 10 deviled egg halves

The deviled egg is the cool, slightly dangerous older cousin to your typical hard-boiled egg. It is satisfying, filled with protein, and has an unparalleled name. This recipe is easy to make spicy too—if you are feeling a little more adventuresome,  cayenne pepper will make a great addition.

Ingredients:

5 eggs

1/3 cup sour cream

1 teaspoon mustard powder (substitute: 1/4 teaspoon dijon mustard)

1 teaspoon paprika

Ground pepper

Salt

Directions:

1. To hard boil the eggs, place them in a pot with water just covering them and let cook for 10-12 minutes after the water begins to boil.

2. Run cold water on the cooked eggs for a minute to make the shell easier to remove, then peel off the shell. Slice the eggs in half lengthwise.

3. Remove the yolk from each half of each egg, and use a fork to mash it with the sour cream, mustard powder, pepper, salt, and paprika (also cayenne, if using). Use enough sour cream to make the yolk mixture creamy but not so much that you dilute the flavor.

4. Use a teaspoon to scoop the yolk mixture back into the cavity of each egg white, and shape it into a small mound for visual appeal. Sprinkle with extra paprika or cayenne if desired.

Frozen Fruit Smoothie

Serves 4

My only complaint when it comes to smoothies is that they disappear too quickly. It is not uncommon to find me sadly peering into an empty Jamba Juice container or desperately digging to the bottom of my blender with a spoon to recover the last icy drops. The solution to this problem is to freeze your smoothie. When it has thawed slightly, you can eat it by scraping ice off the top and around the edges, which gives you bursts of fruit-filled ice shavings and at least half an hour of enjoyment. I think of it as dinner and a show; I get to eat my dinner, and whoever has to watch me scraping at my fruit-ice gets a questionably enjoyable show.

My favorite smoothie to do this with is a simple strawberry-banana combination, but most ingredients—except blueberries—work very well. The freezing time is lengthy but well worth the wait. You can also make a savory version of this smoothie by substituting the strawberries with frozen spinach. Adding soy or regular milk also makes it more protein-rich.

Ingredients:

2 cups strawberries

1 large banana

1/2 cup orange juice

6 ice cubes

Directions:

1. Blend the strawberries, banana, orange juice, and ice cubes in a blender.

2. Divide the mixture evenly among four cups.

3. Freeze until solid, which should take approximately three hours depending on your freezer. Place in the refrigerator for an additional hour, to bring the smoothies to a more palatable consistency.