This past summer, while I was living on campus to research my thesis and trying to survive off the cheapest groceries I could find, a fellow resident living in Psi U departed for the final month and left me all of her remaining food. Theoretically, I had just hit the jackpot. Unfortunately, in reality, that jackpot included the most addictive and expensive popsicles I have ever tasted in my life.

If you haven’t had a Yasso Greek yogurt popsicle, I recommend you never, ever try one. They are absurdly delicious, packed with protein despite containing just 70 calories and 11 grams of sugar, and will suck your bank account dry. Luckily, I’ve found a super simple way to (almost) recreate the magic of these tasty, healthy popsicles with ingredients available at Weshop. (Also, I have to give my Weshop guru Hannah Weiss ’12 credit for helping me figure out how to perfect this recipe.)

Yogurt Popsicles

Ingredients:

Two big, plain FAGE 0% Greek yogurts
A jar of strawberry jam
A pack of strawberries (preferably fresh, but frozen works too as long as you defrost them first)
A stack of Dixie cups (as far as I know, Weshop doesn’t carry these, so I usually just steal a bunch from a water cooler somewhere on campus)
Plastic spoons

Instructions:

Wash and cut up the strawberries. I like my strawberry chunks small, but if you like big bites of fruit in your popsicles, leave them big. Dump the two FAGE yogurts into a bowl and stir the strawberry jam in to taste. I like my popsicles on the sweet side, so I usually use most of the jar. Stir the strawberry chunks in until they’re evenly distributed throughout the yogurt. Spoon the mixture into the Dixie cups. Put a plastic spoon (spoon-side down) into each of the filled cups. The popsicles should be thick enough to hold the spoon upright. Stick the cups in the freezer and wait a day. When you’re ready to eat them, just peel off the cup and devour.