Just as it appeared Wesleyan men’s lacrosse was in trouble for the first time in weeks, the team proved it is indeed capable of flipping the switch. Down by two points as the second period neared its end in Wednesday’s home game, the Cardinal lax-ers stormed back with eight unanswered goals to take a 9-3 lead and eventually defeat the SUNY Farmingdale Rams by a score of 9-4. The victory extended the Cards’ win streak to five and increased their overall record to 7-1, their best to start a season since 2001.

The Cardinals drew first blood when midfielder Aidan Daniell ’14 scored an unassisted goal at the 11:03 mark in the first quarter, but the Rams kept their cool. Farmingdale responded with a pair of goals in the remainder of the period and another midway through the second to put the Cards down by two goals for the first time in five games.

However, tri-captain midfielder John Froats ’12 would not allow Wesleyan to go into halftime behind. Froats netted two goals in the final minute of the second quarter,  the first unassisted at 0:48 and the second off of a pass from midfielder Joey Porcelli ’14.

The Cardinals collected themselves at the break and won the third quarter 6-0. Long-pole midfielder Brendan Hanley ’13, midfielder Teddy Citrin ’12, and Daniell each scored within the first 1:34. Froats then followed with another pair of goals at 10:29 and 2:53, respectively, for a grand total of four on the day. Attacker Remy Lieberman ’14 topped off the onslaught with a goal at 0:16. Farmingdale added a goal of their own in the fourth to make the final score 9-4.

Wesleyan returns to conference competition on Saturday, April 7 at 1:00 as they take on Colby College (1-3 NESCAC, 3-3 overall) in Waterville, Maine. Cardinal lax fans may tune into LiveStats and a gamecast via the athletic department website.