Halfway through the regular season and Wesleyan men’s lacrosse continues to steamroll forward. On Saturday, March 31st, the team extended its winning streak to four with an 11-4 home victory over Endicott College, the visitors’ 16th national ranking notwithstanding.

Top contributors on the offensive side of things for Wesleyan included forward Aiden Daniell ’14 and midfielder DJ Bernatavitz ’12. Both led the team in points with four apiece, and Daniell scored the first three Cardinal goals for a hat trick. Daniell put the Cards in front less than a minute into the contest after receiving a pass down low from Graham Macnab ’14. Endicott tied things up with two minutes remaining in the quarter before Daniell answered with a goal at 10:17 off of a pass from midfielder John Froats ’12 and an unassisted goal at 8:18, and from that point Wesleyan never looked back. Macnab scored two goals of his own over the rest of the match, while Froats, Bernavitz, Brendan Hanley ’13, Nate Ryan ’15, Matt Prezioso ’15, and David Murphy ’15 added one apiece. Another highlight for Wesleyan was the performance of goalie Grant Covington ’12, who managed a career-high 19 saves and only allowed three goals in his 55:46 minutes of playing time.

The Cardinal victory brings team’s overall record to 6-1. That matches its best to begin a season since 2004, a year which saw the team finish as NESCAC runners up.

This Wednesday, April 4 the Cardinals look to extend the streak to five as they host SUNY Farmingdale (3-7 overall) on Jackson Field.