Visiting Writer Clifford Chase is well-known and adored in the English Department for his much-sought-after nonfiction workshops (Godspeed, drop/adders), his thoughtful writing critiques, and “Winkie,” a novel about a sentient teddy bear arrested for terrorism and treason, among 9,676 other charges. The novelist’s other publications include “The Hurry-Up Song,” a particularly moving memoir recounting his brother’s 1989 death from AIDS, and “Queer 13: Lesbian and Gay Writers Recall Seventh Grade,” which he edited. In his spare time, however, Professor Chase blasts everything from Tennessee darlings My Morning Jacket to hard-bop legend Cannonball Adderley—and he marvels that recent fave Wild Flag somehow arrived triumphantly on campus the same week writer Sara Marcus read from “Girls to the Front: The True Story of the Riot Grrrl Revolution,” her account of the ’90s feminist punk movement.

Radiohead, “Lotus Flower,” “Codex,” “Give Up The Ghost,” and “Separatior”: The second side of [2011 release] The King of Limbs, mainly for Thom Yorke’s voice.

My Morning Jacket, “Circuital” and “The Day Is Coming”: I’m a fan of his voice, too.

Wild Flag, “Boom”: Rather a Patti Smith knock-off, but rousing just the same.

Danger Mouse and Daniele Luppi, “Season’s Trees” (Norah Jones singing), “Roman Blue,” “Black” (Norah Jones again), and “Her Hollow Ways”: ’60s-’70s Italian grooviness.

Nancy Wilson/Cannonball Adderley, Nancy Wilson and the Cannonball Adderley Quintet (full album): The record alternates vocal and instrumental tracks (though on iTunes and the CD, the first half is Nancy Wilson, the second instrumentals). Perfect throughout, but “Never Will I Marry” and “The Masquerade Is Over,” both vocals, are especially perfect. Wilson is very young, her voice clear as a bell.