Winter break is undeniably a great time for movie watching, especially classic holiday films. But if you get tired of watching “Miracle on 34th Street” for the hundredth time on your TV at home, you might be able to find it at a theater near you. Check out these screenings of classic seasonal films across the country:

Boston

The great thing about this holiday- themed series is that it’s anything but cheerful about Christmas. You can pick from a Christmas horror film, a wonderfully sarcastic satire on the holidays, or a movie that only quickly mentions Christmas and then moves on to a murder mystery. With any of these choices, you’re sure to have a great evening in the city.

What: Alt-Xmas Series

Where: The Brattle Theatre

When: Dec. 16 to Dec. 20

Films: “Rare Exports: A Christmas Tale,” “Christmas Vacation,” and “Kiss Kiss Bang Bang.”

Price: Adults $9.75, Students $7.75

Chicago

Sure, you could go to Millennium Park and ice skate, wander around State Street and check out the ornate window displays, or even head to the seventh floor of Macy’s to see the Great Tree Lighting. But why would you want to do that when you go to the greatest holiday film festival in the Midwest? “It’s A Wonderful Life” is highly recommended for the passionate audience participation during the film. Check it out and you’ll see what I mean.

What: 28th Annual Music Box Christmas Show

Where: Music Box Theatre

When: Dec. 16 to 24 (Excluding the 19th and 20th)

Films: “It’s A Wonderful Life” and “White Christmas” with Christmas carols during intermission.

Price: Single Feature $12, Double Feature $17

New York City

The big one. New York. Known throughout the ages for its holiday splendor. Rockefeller Center, Macy’s Santaland, window-shopping…but he Botanical Garden? This year, I say yes! Not only are there some pretty great movies playing here, but you can also catch an amazing train display that travels through a replica of NYC. This one’s definitely worth the trip.

What: Holiday Film Festival

Where: The New York Botanical Garden

When: Fridays to Sundays, Nov. 19 to Jan. 1

Films: “It’s A Wonderful Life,” “Dr. Seuss’ How the Grinch Stole Christmas (2000),” and “Babes in Toyland.”

Price: Adults $20, Students $18

Philadelphia

If you’re not interested in all the corny and mushy sort of Christmas movies, “Bloody Christmas” is worth checking out. Horror films. Some are cheap, some are funny, but all of them come with a drink and some snacks. 21+ only for this one guys.

What: Bloody Christmas

Where: Trocadero Theatre

When: Dec. 6, Dec. 13, and Dec. 20

Films: “The Human Centipede 2,” “Hobo with a Shotgun,” “Tucker & Dale vs. Evil,” and “Rare Exports: A Christmas Tale.”

Price: $3 for admission and a drink. Arrive before 7p.m. and get a free beer and bag of popcorn.

Washington

Maybe you’ll get a chance to see Obama dressed as Santa while scouring the city for great seasonal flicks. If not, there’s always the trip to Georgetown where you can find some of the best Christmas decorations in the U.S. during the holiday season. You might even stumble upon this all-day film festival that includes great classics as well as fantastic modern Christmas stories.

What: Christmas Movie Festival

Where: Arlington Cinema & Drafthouse

When: Dec. 11

Films: “Dr. Seuss’ How the Grinch Stole Christmas” (1966), “A Charlie Brown Christmas,” “Elf,” “A Christmas Story,” “Scrooged,” and “National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation.”

Price: $8

If you’re not near any of these cities or you’re just not looking for Christmas movies, here’s what to expect for big releases during Winter Break:

Dec. 16: “Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows,” “Mission: Impossible—Ghost Protocol” (IMAX release), and “Carnage”

Dec. 21: “The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo,” “Mission: Impossible—Ghost Protocol” (Wide release), and “The Adventures of Tintin”

Dec. 25: “Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close” and “War Horse”

Dec. 30/31: “The Iron Lady” and “The Flowers of War”