After a solid 2010-11 season in which the Wesleyan women’s tennis team accumulated an 11-6 overall record (2-4 NESCAC), the Lady Cards return this fall looking to come away with another winning season and advance their NESCAC standing.

With only one senior who graduated, the team is returning with almost full strength, and a line-up comprised of talent, energy, and experience. Though #1 player Genevieve Aniello ’13 will be abroad this semester, the Cards hope to step up and stay strong in her absence. Senior co-captain Sarah Miller will take on the top spot, followed by Grace Smith ’14 at #2, and veterans Kiley Robbins ’14, Nicki Softness ’14, Kaitlyn Clark ’14, co-captain Hannah Berkman ’12, and newcomer Lauren Jacobs ’15 will battle it out for the final four spots.

This fall, Wesleyan will compete in six matches and the ITA Tournament hosted by Bates College. The Lady Cards officially kick off their season on the road on Saturday, Sept. 10 with a match against Simmons College, and then return to Wes the next day to debut the new Vine Courts in a big home opener against Nichols College. This fall is guaranteed to be an exciting season for Wesleyan women’s tennis, so make sure to come down to the Vine Courts and show your support!