On Friday, the Wesleyan women’s lacrosse team took the field for the last time in their 2011 road contest against Connecticut College. Despite prolific goal-scoring displays by Kayla Ellman ’13 and Lydia Kring ’13, the Cardinals could not eclipse the Camels, losing by a score of 13-8. Ellman notched a hat trick in the first half alone, and Kring netted a pair herself that sent the teams to the halftime locker room knotted at 5-5. Kring opened the second-half scoring with the third of her four goals, giving Wes its first lead at 6-5. But Conn College stormed back with a decisive five goal run, taking a 10-6 lead and coasting to a 13-8 final score.

The Cardinals finished the season 6-9 overall, including a 0-9 record in NESCAC play, with this most recent defeat snapping a nine-game winning streak over Connecticut College. Ellman’s 30 goals on the year give her the team lead, followed closely by Kring’s 28 tallies and Kaylin Berger ’13 with 27. Blair Ingraham ’14 scored the final goal of the season off yet another assist by tri-captain Allie Lynch ’11. The assist was the 100th of Lynch’s illustrious career; she holds the university record for career, single-season, and single-game assists, and is also third in career scoring with 146 points.

The contest also marked the close of another storied offensive career, as tri-captain Jess Chukwu ’11 finished her career with 98 career goals and six assists; her 104 points rank her 10th on the Cardinal career scoring record book.  Maggie Drowica ’12, the team’s talented primary goalkeeper, closed the season with a team high 43 ground balls and a save percentage of .492.